Talk

Advanced search

Mmr vaccine as an adult side effects?

(13 Posts)
ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 14:33:30

I started a new job within the nhs and I had to have the mmr vaccine as my medical records only showed antibodies to rubella,one measles jab and nothing for mumps.
Anyway a week ago last fri I had the first dose and on Thursday last week I started feeling a bit hot and cold, very achy joints, and and stomach ache.
I've had 1 bout of diarrhoea a day..well it's more loose than anything, stomach cramps which have gone but its left me with a sore and tender stomach, fatigue
I dont have sore joints or a feeling of being hot and cold anymore
I dont have a cough, bad chest, still have taste etc and I've not been sick although I feel queasy now and again.

Any body else had these symptoms after the mmrnjab as an adult? I dont want to turn this into a debate about vaccinations please. I'm strongly recommended I have this jabs as I deal with clinical waste and I'm in close proximity to patients. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 15:14:46

Anyone?

Rowgtfc72 Mon 28-Sep-20 15:48:51

Had both my doses and no issues. Dh the same.
Could it be a coincidence? I've had the flu jab once and I ended up with a bad cold. Apparently that was a coincidence!

ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 16:42:10

Could be.
The only other thing I can think off is that I've picked something up from the ward where I clean

10outof10 Mon 28-Sep-20 17:26:28

MMR is a live vaccination and can give a delayed reaction 6-10 days later. Temperature, rash, feeling generally off colour can be side effects. It's a normal immune response. Hope you feel better soon.

ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 17:31:17

Thanks
Oh I do feel rough.
Got headache now too.

helprequiired Mon 28-Sep-20 17:37:27

I had a slight temp that's it

HoldMyLobster Mon 28-Sep-20 18:23:39

Anyway a week ago last fri I had the first dose and on Thursday last week I started feeling a bit hot and cold, very achy joints, and and stomach ache. I've had 1 bout of diarrhoea a day..well it's more loose than anything, stomach cramps which have gone but its left me with a sore and tender stomach, fatigue

I felt like that last Thursday too for some reason. I hadn't had a jab of any kind. Wondering vaguely about Covid.

When I had the MMR as an adult I had no side effects.

RepeatSwan Mon 28-Sep-20 18:25:32

I had MMR as an adult but had no symptoms. Get well soon flowers

Beamur Mon 28-Sep-20 18:27:49

It was the only jab as a baby that DD was a bit rough with. Should pass in a day or two. Take some pain relief. We were advised to overlap paracetamol and ibuprofen if needed.

ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 19:12:16

Thanks everyone.
I'm so fed up with it all now. I've been like this for 4 days.
I'm hungry as well which makes me think it's not a stomach bug. I've eaten little and often and small amounts which helps a little

cptartapp Mon 28-Sep-20 19:16:30

Guidelines advise two mmr one month apart if you haven't had one before (regardless of other single vaccines), so I'm afraid you will need a second dose too.
Dont fall pregnant in the meantime either!

ghostmous3 Mon 28-Sep-20 19:56:44

Yeah I'm dreading the next one 🤣

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in