This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Feeling overwhelmed(8 Posts)
I've posted several times over the last couple of months. I'm struggling today.
- building works going on. House is a mess, there is stuff everywhere. When I try to make it better it seems to get worse.
- lively 2 year old. Cant leave him alone anywhere in the house or garden because no where is safe.
- he has had loose bowels for months (now been refered). 3 to 4 horrible nappies a day. He hates being changed. It's a continuous battle.
- he has somehow got 3 splinters or veruccas on his hand and foot. No idea how to get rid of them and I dont even know what they are to try.
- less than 2 weeks til my due date with DC2 - being sent for a scan as bump hasnt grown. Freaking out about veruccas around a newborn (HPV).
- my world is so small at the mo. DS hates shops and it wouldnt be fun anyway. Basically my life is walking to the park and letting him cross the road (his favourite activities)
Everywhere I look there is chaos and stuff and I'm so stressed and anxious and exhausted by it all.
That sounds so stressful. Do you have any support at all?
What’s your situation with the building works? Are you living in a confined space while it’s going on?
Oh op this sounds awful . Could you go and stay with family for a few days where you would get some help with your two year old? You need some support. (I know it's difficult currently though.)
DS goes to a childminder from.wednesday to Friday while I work from home so that is a break. I'm just so stressed by the state of the house and this verucca thing is pushing me over the edge. I know that sounds ridiculous.
Oh op I am so sorry. I’ve just been through period of bewildering stress at work (and wfh). Basically just up and then to bed Early after awful days. Just had a glimmer of a shift. It will change for you. My flat has literally looked like a burglary scene and it has really not helped my mental health !
Don’t think you have to do anything big. Even a tiny small thing done might help you feeel better. I’ve just washed my sink for first time in a long time. I feel better for it even if that’s all for now.
Support. Good your little one is having his problem looked at. Awful stomach problems are tough to deal with.
Nothing is ridiculous when you’re under pressure. Can you take any days off work ? Just to have a bit of space ? Have you got friend you can unload a bit too. People are so often more generous and helpful than you fear when struggling a bit.
Sorry nothing concrete but sending you support. It will get better. You’ll look back on this time and think ‘bloody hell that was tough’.
Jesus you need a “mum” to come and give you a big squeezey hug ( and maybe tackle some tidying for you). Do you have any friends / family that you can de camp to for a few days or who can go on entertainment duties with your 2 year old. Is there a DH or DP around?
Thanks everyone. It makes me feel better that I'm not being pathetic IYSWIM.
DH is around and doing as much as he can but cant make the mess go away. He has suggested a deep clean which would be good so I've lined up someone for a quote.
Had a look at DS's toe and removed 2 splinters so hopefully that's what they were rather than veruccas - fingers crossed.
Going to tidy some more stuff away tonight. Its frustrating because I have a week where no work is being done and then everything is getting finished next week - annoying given the timing of the baby.
I just need a cuddle
Please login first.