Talk

Advanced search

Retraining in the current climate? Sick of the NHS and healthcare

(3 Posts)
SuperlativeScrubs Thu 24-Sep-20 12:31:21

I have been working in various roles in the NHS for over 10 years and I am just utterly sick of it. I love healthcare and medical but I can no longer abide working with patients and relatives. I find it so draining, unrewarding and feel very much underappreciated by the organisation and the public. So I want to get out of the NHS and frontline care.

Before lockdown I was working on a business plan to retrain and become self employed, which is now one of the worst hit self employment industries. Through that I found that I have a real knack for Marketing and PR however entry level positions pay a pittance and would not sustain me financially in the long term despite being in position to take a salary cut to perhaps do a degree or something similar.

My other interests are courts and tribunal, legal, police work (not front line), intelligence and analytical style jobs (but non-financial).

Has anyone else retrained in any of these things? Is anyone else considering retraining in the current circumstances?

OP’s posts: |
SuperlativeScrubs Thu 24-Sep-20 12:57:15

Anybody?

OP’s posts: |
tectonicplates Thu 24-Sep-20 13:28:25

Is it healthcare in general you're tired of, or just the NHS? I think there's a few nurses here who've moved to places like Botox clinics or other beauty treatments where a nurse would be required.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in