Talk

Advanced search

Did YOU sniff David Gray in a supermarket?

(46 Posts)
itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:15:01

I’ve just been listening to Jo Whiley on Radio 2 and a woman emailed in to say she'd done just that. It must be a mumsnetter. Is it you?

If not, what weird and slightly creepy things have you done in the vicinity of other celebrities?

OP’s posts: |
Touchedhimonce Wed 23-Sep-20 20:25:28

I once touched the foot of a very famous (and now sadly dead) rock star. Then promptly fainted dead away grin
The gig was in a tiny leisure centre and was one of those last minute ticket only secret gigs. I’d only ever seen them before in stadiums and arenas.
My poor DH had to grapple with the security guards who wanted to lift me over the barrier to safety. Luckily he won and once I was lucid again, I went on to enjoy the closest to them gig I’d ever been to (at the time).

Furrybootsyecomfy Wed 23-Sep-20 20:29:38

@Touchedhimonce did you touch Prince??
I once ambushed Danny Boyle in Selfridges Christmas card hall. I gushed about how much I loved his work and the Olympic opening ceremony. When he was leaving he caught me still staring at him from the murk and gave me a sheepish wee half wave. Bless him.

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:32:07

@Touchedhimonce oooh who was it?!

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:33:20

@Furrybootsyecomfy you're brave; I don't think I'd dare approach a sleb in the flesh!

I served Jim Davidson in a cafe once when I was 14; he was as leery as you would imagine.

Butterer Wed 23-Sep-20 20:33:40

I once (with permission) licked the singer from Tindersticks.

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:34:50

@Butterer did he taste nice?

tectonicplates Wed 23-Sep-20 20:35:33

I've seen various famous people walking around London, but I've never got close enough to sniff any of them.

Butterer Wed 23-Sep-20 20:35:56

Butterer

I once (with permission) licked the singer from Tindersticks.

Oh, and most (possibly all) of a Grammy award winning band as well.

I no longer lick musicians.

Butterer Wed 23-Sep-20 20:37:19

itssquidstella

*@Butterer* did he taste nice?

Yes smile
There was a strong bouquet of fags and whisky, which I used to like.

Hirewiredays Wed 23-Sep-20 20:41:08

@Butterer I am so jealous. I once locked eyes with him when walking through a crowd at weekend. it has stayed stayed with me ever since!

Butterer Wed 23-Sep-20 20:41:59

I drunkenly told him he was a sexy badger. He took it well grin

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:44:43

I'm going to have to google this band! I used to be partial to Eau de Fags et Whisky myself.

dementedma Wed 23-Sep-20 20:47:11

I hate the way people pester celebrities so was very torn last year to be on a tiny plane flying out of Stornoway with Billy Connolly and his crew. The poor man looked exhausted and frail ( he isnt well at all) so I just lurked nearby until he looked up ( only a handful of us in departures) and apologised for intruding but said I wanted to thank him for all the laughter over the years. He took my hand and said "Och, that's awfully kind of you. How lovely."
I had a little cry

Butterer Wed 23-Sep-20 20:49:40

Oooh. If you like fags and whisky and music that goes with fags and whisky (that is slightly miserable), you might like The National.

Outing but I WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING, MAN! (nearly)
I started travelling to their gigs on their second uk tour, and carried on for a few years. They were genuinely lovely men and really looked after me; I've lost touch over the years.
Through them, I am one or two licks of separation from Taylor Swift and Barack Obama and I will take that to my death bed.

EscapeTheCastle Wed 23-Sep-20 20:53:26

I followed Harrison Ford and his wife around an art gallery. I actually feel very bad about it now. But it was a long time ago and I was a teenager at the time.

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:53:38

That's a pretty cool claim to (almost) fame, @Butterer. I'll check them out!

@dementedma what a lovely story! I'm glad he's a nice man; he's always seemed like he would be.

itssquidstella Wed 23-Sep-20 20:54:00

@EscapeTheCastle did they notice you following?

Touchedhimonce Wed 23-Sep-20 20:57:32

He was an insanely sexy but (as it turns out) immensely pervy antipodean with the most beautiful hair smile

EscapeTheCastle Wed 23-Sep-20 20:57:43

Sadly I think they did. I did it for about 5 mins at least. Not cool.

amatsip Wed 23-Sep-20 21:07:28

Michael hutchence!!! OMG loved him

amatsip Wed 23-Sep-20 21:08:19

Unless you referred to Steve Irwin?

Smallsteps88 Wed 23-Sep-20 21:10:16

I jiggled Roy Chubby Brown’s moobs.

frumpety Wed 23-Sep-20 21:21:33

I jiggled Roy Chubby Brown’s moobs.

In an ironic way or as part of a medical procedure ?

Touchedhimonce Wed 23-Sep-20 21:21:36

@amatsip I was obsessively in love with him and was devastated when he died sad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in