Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend stickers for kit bags?

(8 Posts)
JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 23-Sep-20 08:42:01

I have bought DS a kit bag for his hockey keeping kit which he has to take to school (can’t use school kit due to Covid). I want to put his initials on it and just wondered if there were any way of doing this myself like the hot press ones they do for football shirts etc. I don’t want to use a sharpie!

OP’s posts: |
Todaythiscouldbe Wed 23-Sep-20 08:47:44

Try heat press vinyl. Locally we have lots of people selling it, I'm sure they would make you the initials to iron on.

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 23-Sep-20 08:49:08

Thank you, I’ll Google and see if anyone round here has it.

barkingmadmother Wed 23-Sep-20 09:00:28

I've got a white pen (a bit like tippex) that I use to write names on bags, shoes etc much better than labels

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 23-Sep-20 09:18:59

I’m trying to think ahead, it’s an expensive bag and I may want to sell on so want something that can be removed but not too easily IYKWIM? I need the initials on the outside so it’s obvious it’s his. If it was internal I’d just use a pen.

Todaythiscouldbe Wed 23-Sep-20 09:24:50

I've ordered from ebay previously. It's still going strong.

emmathedilemma Wed 23-Sep-20 09:30:22

Have you got a Decathlon store? They do printing onto t-shirts so might be able to do a kit bag. Some of the iron on lettering doesn't work on nylon / technical fabric (or it sticks but peels off easily).

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 23-Sep-20 14:56:48

Yes we have got a Decathlon, do you think they will print on something you didn't buy from there?

I have bought some on Amazon but if there's a proper shop service them I'm up for that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in