Talk

Advanced search

Itchy teeth

(4 Posts)
toomuchtooold Tue 15-Sep-20 07:14:17

My DD, 8, has just lost two baby teeth and the two new teeth have come through very quickly and everything is sort of moving about and finding space in her mouth. She says her mouth is really uncomfortable, couldn't explain exactly what was wrong, except that it's not sore - she said her teeth were itchy this morning, hence the title!

I suppose I'm just going to have to take her to the dentist and see what's up, but I wondered if anyone else's kid had had the same thing, and was there anything that helped or just took their minds off it?

OP’s posts: |
MillyMollyMardy Tue 15-Sep-20 11:56:10

The age she is at, has lots going on. Under the gums the adult teeth are much larger and jostling for space. She is growing and her jaws will become bigger but right now I'd expect things to feel low grade uncomfortable.
This normally settles by itself but if she continually says things feel odd get her checked out.

Bahhh Tue 15-Sep-20 12:56:53

I get 'itchy' gums when I eat something I'm allergic to. Could that be it? It's quite hard to describe the feeling tbh! Google 'oral allergy syndrome' if that's what it could be. It's very mild in me but noticeable

toomuchtooold Tue 15-Sep-20 18:04:54

I managed to get her dentist checkup moved forward to this Monday so hopefully if there's anything up, they'll be able to do something then. It could also well be oral allergy syndrome, as I have that, and my husband... I'd hoped the kids had managed to avoid it!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in