Talk

Advanced search

worried about my DS

(2 Posts)
MadamHoooch Mon 14-Sep-20 22:26:14

NC for this. My 4.5 year old DS started reception 2 weeks ago, full time. Prior to this he was in a small private nursery 4 days a week, 9 til 4.30 from the age of 1 (besides lockdown of course!). His peers from that nursery have all moved to school with him and are in the same class.

He seems, however, to have no interest in playing with other children. He's always been like this. If we are at the park and a child is on the climbing frame or whatever, he will wait until they have gone (or if one tries to join in with what he's doing, he will run away). He was like this at nursery but it was a very small group of maybe 7 or 8 children and in the end he did form bonds with some of his peers, although his keyworkers did say he would rarely initiate play with others but would happily join in their games if asked. He was always very happy and settled at nursery and adored his keyworkers.

But at school he just plays on his own. The teacher thinks he is just shy. But the thing is he is only like that with children. With adults he is really confident. He is the only young child in a very large and loving extended family.

He is really affectionate and is perfectly happy to go to school every day. But I am so worried about him not being interested in other children.

OP’s posts: |
MadamHoooch Tue 15-Sep-20 09:24:24

Bump

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in