Talk

Advanced search

Parking ticket problems

(7 Posts)
QuestionableMouse Mon 14-Sep-20 21:01:25

I've had two parking tickets from work. They updated the staff parking list and missed my car off.

I requested them to be sorted through work had was assured they had been.

I got a letter today from a debt collection agency saying I owe them £140 for the fine and fees. I absolutely can't afford to pay it and I'm not sure how to proceed. Work have told me because it's been passed to a debt collection agency it's out of their hands.

What the hell can I do? The letter is talking about court and CCJs!

OP’s posts: |
cookielove Mon 14-Sep-20 21:12:57

Surely your work pays the fine!

HarrietSchulenberg Mon 14-Sep-20 21:14:43

Pass it to your work and tell them you expect them to sort it. Did you bring the fines to your work's attention when first issued?

mineofuselessinformation Mon 14-Sep-20 21:16:11

Speak to HR.
Ultimately, you may have to pay the fines, but would be in a position where you could sue your company in small claims court for not updating their records, and therefore making you subject to the fines. Ask them if that's the road they want to go down.
You might find things change rather swiftly. If they don't, go ahead and take them to court.

QuestionableMouse Mon 14-Sep-20 22:22:19

Yes, I let work know as soon as I got the letters.

The manager I spoke to assured me it would be dealt with and I thought no more about it until I got the letter telling me it had gone to a collection agency.

It's almost most of a week's wages for me and I can't afford to pay it. I also don't see why I should pay for their mistake.

QuestionableMouse Mon 14-Sep-20 22:24:28

Also my manager is refusing to engage with me over it and just keeps telling me to speak to the debt collection agency who will only say I have to pay the fine. I can prove I was at work but they just want the money.

goingtotown Mon 14-Sep-20 22:57:54

I had the same problem, my registration wasn’t entered onto the parking list.
Don’t pay the fine, give the letter to HR they will have to sort it out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in