Talk

Advanced search

I'm so bored

(3 Posts)
Mollydolly22 Sat 12-Sep-20 06:57:09

Everything is so boring. This year has truly been utterly crap. My oh has been working home since march. I love him but I'm sick of seeing him slobbing in his tracky bottoms at his laptop. He works all week, but in my view he's barely left the house lately. He's not even walking. I'm fed up of going downstairs to him in the morning because he's never got any go in him.. always tired because he watches Tele all evening.

I finally got my child back to school, now she's off with a cold.

I can't get my house sorted because people are always under my feet. Due to this stupid virus I haven't been able to get my son a morning or two in childcare as we can't afford it due to money loss.

We never have any plans. It's so boring. We are £300 a month down. Neither of us have embraced the masks yet. I can't get any desire to want to look around shops or go to the cinema with masks. I've not felt it's appropriate to eat out or anything either. The whole mask on/take it off to eat confuses me too. As above we are £300 down so we can't really afford anything extra.

Weekends just blend Into the week. I feel like everyone else is living and we are just boring people now.

It's making me wish for a different life. I am so over walking. I'm tired. Sluggish. Now the kids are starting with winter bugs.

I thought by now things would be better!

OP’s posts: |
Gohackyourself Sat 12-Sep-20 07:09:13

I think you really need to sit down and have a chat with oh and explain how you are feeling, try to make a plan together on how to fix this.
I’m not sure if you work or not, but if not it seems you are still living in the “ height of pandemic mode”.How are you food shopping etc?
You do need to get out house more to the park or similar places , walking around.you probably need to try eating out somewhere too.
I’ve been working through although for first 3 weeks had to stand by , I was terrified of going outside.But it’s fine, aslong as you practice safe hygiene for you and your family , follow the guidance as much /where possible you should be ok.
Return to real life as much as possible.
I’m not sure why you are £300 down, you didn’t make it clear but could you get this back if start “ living “ again ?

DianaT1969 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:56:52

It sounds like you don't work. You could try to get a weekend job while your husband looks after the DC, or go back to what you used to do part-time. It will get you out of the house and make up the £300 shortfall.
What did you do before lockdown that you aren't doing now?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in