Talk

Advanced search

Struggles at work

(1 Post)
mamma4586 Fri 11-Sep-20 05:14:58

Basically because of mass lay-offs, I've was given big responsibilities for work that I had no experience in. For the right person, it's an amazing opportunity to grow. And I've really tried. I've managed to get by, by leaning on others. But when faced with a task on my own recently, my inexperience showed through and things fell apart. It's my first big loss for my group.

Now I'm feeling so down and feeling guilty about what I could have done better (there was plenty in hindsight). I don't know what to do - I feel like left on my own, there will be more failures. But my bosses want me to work independently soon. There's just no one else to help me because of the job cuts. Leaving my job is not an option at the moment as it would mean massive personal upheaval and probably a drop in salary when my DC is facing expensive medical issues.

It's the type of job with big highs and lows (not financial). I like the variety but I'm not sure I can deal with the lows - I prefer work that is more steady that I don't have to worry about at night!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in