Talk

Advanced search

NHS or Denplan? My teeth need help!

(3 Posts)
DressingGownofDoom Fri 11-Sep-20 01:04:00

So it's been ages since I've been to the dentist - as in, years blush I know I've got a lot of cavities and am going to need a few root canals and fillings and maybe a couple of extractions. So the thought of paying for it all is pretty daunting!

What's my best bet - get NHS dental treatment? Join Denplan- would they have me given the shape of my teeth? You know with the NHS you pay £60ish for band 2 treatment- is that per filling? Or for all the treatment you need within that band at that time(seems wildly optimistic tbh?)

Bloody teeth. They weren't so bad til I got pregnant and then started crumbling. I got a bit of work done then but once I reached the second trimester they wouldn't treat me anymore.

OP’s posts: |
Torvean32 Fri 11-Sep-20 02:04:42

I'd say NHS.

When i thought about denplan i was told before starting it i would have to get all dental work such as filling and root canals completed first. With private costs it would be really expensive.

Heatherjayne1972 Fri 11-Sep-20 06:10:44

Yes pp is right. You can’t go on denplan until you’re dentally fit
The dentist would sort your teeth out first on a private basis then give you a payment category For denplan
If an nhs dentist would register you And treat you on the nhs that could be a cheaper option initially

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in