Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a Nice bar in Birmingham

(12 Posts)
roastbeetrootsalad Tue 08-Sep-20 12:27:03

Going to Birmingham this weekend to Opheem for a nice meal. I'm looking to book a table somewhere afterwards for nice cocktails. Can anyone recommend anywhere please? We're staying at the Hyatt. Happy to get Ubers if needed.

OP’s posts: |
roastbeetrootsalad Tue 08-Sep-20 19:58:14

Bump! Anyone?! grinwinewine

keiratwiceknightly Tue 08-Sep-20 19:59:44

The Alchemist is tonnes of fun, or the Botanist is lovely.

BlackCatsRule88 Tue 08-Sep-20 20:01:25

What kind of price point are you looking at?

roastbeetrootsalad Tue 08-Sep-20 20:18:24

Don't mind price point as it's a special occasion.. we're having dinner a Michelin star place and want to go somewhere nice after.
Just think I will probably need to book.

Yes I like alchemist and botanist, something along those lines would be nice .. they are chains and we have both in our local city, is there anywhere a bit more of an independent vibe that do similar type drinks/vibe?

HerLadySheep Tue 08-Sep-20 20:21:35

The Old Joint Stock is very nice

BlackCatsRule88 Tue 08-Sep-20 20:22:07

I think these meet your criteria but I haven’t checked if they have availability or are doing bookings etc sorry:

Dishoom is a 5 minute walk from Opheem and does drinks and cocktails.

40 St Paul’s in the Jewellery Quarter is a 10 minute walk from Opheem and probably has the most extensive and interesting cocktail menu in the city, but it’s small so may not have the buzz you are looking for. There’s also St Paul’s House nearby that’s bigger and very nice so you could do both.

On Colmore Row which is a bit nicer you have the Alchemist. You could walk there from Opheem.

There’s also Marco Pierre White’s on the top floor of the Cube whixh you’d probably want to get an Uber to which is expensive but within stumbling distance of the Hyatt afterwards. There’s also a couple of places nearby like Aluna and Chez Mal.

If you do want to go out out after, then there are a few bars like the Botanist, Revolution De Cuba, the Lost and Found, Dirty Martini, at Be At One based around Temple Street / New Street.

I’ll carry on thinking and let me know if you have any other questions about places to go

BlackCatsRule88 Tue 08-Sep-20 20:24:53

How could I forget Ginger’s in Purnell’s Bistro - it fits in with your Michelin star venue as it’s owned by Glyn Purnell who has a star for his main restaurant!

roastbeetrootsalad Tue 08-Sep-20 21:09:31

@BlackCatsRule88 you are a star! Thank you very much!

BlackCatsRule88 Tue 08-Sep-20 21:23:26

Nice coffee/brunch places are York’s - there’s one on Stephenson Street near Grand Central and one at the Ikon Gallery
- or Medicine Bakery on New Street. All are near your hotel.

If it’s nice give yourself 15 mins to sit people watching outside at the fountains at Centenary Square which is just outside your hotel. In the sunshine it can be Birmingham’s most joyful bit IMHO.

BlackCatsRule88 Tue 08-Sep-20 21:28:17

Ah - and other tip, although it’s very close to you, AVOID the bars on Broad Street! It’s about as far from classy as it’s possible to get...,

Duckswaddle Tue 08-Sep-20 21:42:19

Arch 13 is a great little place.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in