Talk

Advanced search

Youtube 'hauls'...bloody hell

(14 Posts)
lookatgiraffenow Mon 07-Sep-20 21:12:44

Yes yes, it's none of my business and yes it is of no consequence to me how others choose to spend their money but I've been down a rabbit hole on youtube this evening...folk and their 'hauls'. Huge, multiple bags of 'lifestyle' stuff and clothes and make up. Cleaning products! Scented candles! Autumn-wear!

Where do they put this stuff? Their kitchen cupboards already appear full of various scents of zoflora and ten sizes of whisks for autumnal frothy coffees/hot choc. It's massive bags every week or so.

If you do hauls what on earth do you do with it all??

OP’s posts: |
littlecatfeet Mon 07-Sep-20 21:13:50

I know that with clothes, at least, most of it gets sent back.

allthewaterinthetap Mon 07-Sep-20 21:14:07

I like the 'Poundland hauls', weird and strangely hypnotic.

TheFinalStretch Mon 07-Sep-20 21:14:36

Watching Primark hauls are my guilty pleasure. I often wonder where the hell they store all the shit they buy.

SliceOfFriedGold Mon 07-Sep-20 21:16:05

I think a lot of YouTubers have depop or similar and sell anything on that they don't use.

woofmachine Mon 07-Sep-20 21:20:21

Most return it all ,at huge cost to the retailers, lots of vacuous people out there

GreyGardens88 Mon 07-Sep-20 21:22:45

I prefer "shop with me" videos to haul videos. I find them very relaxing

HarrisonFived Mon 07-Sep-20 21:24:15

I love watching art and crochet tutorials, and sometimes I find myself a haul, I love them. If it's an area that you enjoy, then it makes looking at all the stuff more exciting. If I stumbled across a Yankee candles haul, I'd most definitely pass. Are there any areas you have a passion for, OP? Art, make up, knitting, reading? If there is something you live to do, search for a haul in that genre, and see if you feel any differently about it smile

purpledagger Mon 07-Sep-20 21:56:15

I suspect a lot of it gets returned. Some instagrammers will wear new clothes, take pictures and then return the items.

CharismaticVic Mon 07-Sep-20 22:23:00

Make up PR unboxings are very addictive. It's like watching people opening presents.

tectonicplates Mon 07-Sep-20 23:26:43

Asos actually changed their returns policy last year in a crackdown on "serial returners". That's how bad the problem had become. www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/asos-return-policy-change-new-how-blacklist-online-shopping-a8854451.html

Newgirl20 Mon 07-Sep-20 23:29:39

YouTube hauls are very 2013 what outdated you tubers are you watching? 😂

CharismaticVic Tue 08-Sep-20 09:19:39

Newgirl20

YouTube hauls are very 2013 what outdated you tubers are you watching? 😂

Are you being serious? They ALL do it.

BlusteryShowers Tue 08-Sep-20 09:29:38

I stopped watching lifestyle channels 3 or 4 years ago once I realised I may as well watch QVC. I originally subscribed to channels that were realistic but aspirational, in a kind of "how does she do that?" kind of way, but it's all too contrived now and social media is often their main job which negates the realism for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in