Talk

Advanced search

Is this vaguely balanced?

(4 Posts)
Macarini Mon 07-Sep-20 09:10:01

So I've never had a huge appetite, or been particularly interested in food, so getting enough down me has always been a bit of a challenge, and I've thus been low normal or underweight since babyhood.

Now that I'm pregnant, I've tried harder to make sure that my diet has a reasonable balance of fruit, veg, carbs, protein ... etc, Mediterranean diet style. I've also tried to make it as easy as possible to do so that I actually remember to eat everything.

In a day, I typically end up eating:

Breakfast- peanut, carrot, banana, avocado, and cabbage smoothie with bread/toast and an apple

Lunch: scrambled eggs, beans, peas, and broccoli, with bread/toast

Dinner: pork or chicken with veggies (usually sweetcorn and sprouts) with bread/toast

I don't really drink anything other than water. I eat 4-6 slices of white bread, because it's the only carb that seems to increase my appetite enough that I eat all of the other things (wholegrain bread, porridge, rice, or pasta seems to fill me up such that I don't eat all day, otherwise I'd have that).

I have no idea if I'm missing anything, so if anyone could tell me if I'm missing anything important/if the calories are way out, then that'd be awesome smile

OP’s posts: |
Macarini Mon 07-Sep-20 09:46:01

Bump

SuzieCarmichael Mon 07-Sep-20 16:55:43

It’s a lot of bread. How about potatoes? It’s hard to assess calories without portion sizes though.

Macarini Mon 07-Sep-20 18:31:00

@SuzieCarmichael that's fair. I'm eating that much bread as it seems to make me hungrier. As I haven't gained any weight this pregnancy, and am generally on the very bottom edge of healthy weight, I figured it might be best to eat more so that the baby gets enough nutrients.

I will try potatoes as they seem healthier, and/or will wean onto more complex carbs once I am able to eat them without total loss of appetite.

For reference, the vegetable and fruit portions are about 80g each, and I have about 100g of meat, and 3-4 eggs in my scrambled eggs. I also have about 200g of kefir in my smoothie.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in