Bread
Crisps
Tartar sauce
pudding
Cream
Tablets
Tuna
Mayo

Perhaps not the most exciting/amusing/mysterious one we've ever had.
But I'm intrigued by 'Tablets' and 'pudding' and I like how they are quite vague/obscure compared to the clarity of the rest.

OP’s posts: |
OLGADEEPOLGA Sat 05-Sep-20 15:03:50

I nearly left my shopping list in a basket last week and quickly retrieved it for fear of being on a weird mumsnet thread

CuppaZa Sat 05-Sep-20 15:04:07

That could be my list grin

FadedRed Sat 05-Sep-20 15:05:38

Tablets= pick up prescription from in-store pharmacy/paracetamol
Pudding= see what I fancy in the chiller cabinet.

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:06:10

Cuppa, would be funny if someone recognised their list on here wouldn't it?

OLGADEEPOLGA, I've sometimes left my list in my basket on purpose in case it might entertain a few people on MN grin

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:06:44

Pudding= see what I fancy in the chiller cabinet.
Yes, good suggestion. Although the 'cream' to me suggested they had a pudding in mind?

BugPlaster Sat 05-Sep-20 15:14:40

Cream might be medical, before tablets?

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:16:28

Ah, yes – although the layout is not actually straight vertical –cream is on the right-hand side of the paper and Tablets on the next line down, but in the centre.

Gurufloof Sat 05-Sep-20 15:21:11

I've sometimes left my list in my basket on purpose in case it might entertain a few people on MN

Oh I'm definitely going to leave my completely illegible lists in my trolley from now on.
If you find it and figure out any of the scribbles then I shall award you a prize. Because I often walk around holding my list at different angles to see if I can decipher my own writing.

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:22:38

I often walk around holding my list at different angles to see if I can decipher my own writing. grin Me too.

Flamingosarentreal Sat 05-Sep-20 15:38:04

The cream could be related to the tablets not the pudding grin

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 05-Sep-20 15:42:21

Just ham, not naice ham?

TwentyViginti Sat 05-Sep-20 15:55:00

Ooh I love a shopping list find! that one is particularly bland foodwise though.

Catawaul Sat 05-Sep-20 15:56:01

Sounds like a back to school packed lunch list! Not sure about the tablets though. Dishwasher tablets?

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:56:23

BoreOfWhabylon, fraid not. it was in Morrisons after all

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 15:56:55

Catawaul, apart from the tartar sauce (at least, I hated it as a kid, so tend to assume all kids hate it!)

27Yardsofdentalfloss Sat 05-Sep-20 15:58:01

I always write tablets on my shopping list. 9 times out of 10 it means paracetamol, but sometimes antihistamines too.

roses2 Sat 05-Sep-20 16:02:57

When I send DH shopping I write the shopping list in sections based on which order he will find it in the shop

Laaalaaaa Sat 05-Sep-20 16:10:37

Washing tablets?
Black pudding?
White pudding?
Pick up a nice pudding, stp, crumble, cheesecake?

Fink Sat 05-Sep-20 16:18:41

When I send DH shopping I write the shopping list in sections based on which order he will find it in the shop

I do this for myself too. I write the title heading the section (e.g. 'fruit', 'pantry') and then what goes under that, in order of where they're stocked in the shop I usually go to. Then tick it off when the section is complete. No one who found one of my lists would be confused about whether I wanted dairy cream or medical cream!

IntermittentParps Sat 05-Sep-20 16:24:28

Black pudding?
White pudding?
I hadn't thought of those but it's an intriguing thought!

roses2, I'm not sure if that's the case here. I can't recreate the left-to-right layout here but they're grouped as follows

fish fingers
Ham
Chicken
Bread
Crisps

Tartar sauce
pudding
Cream

Tablets
Tuna

Mayo

WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat Sat 05-Sep-20 16:41:08

I store my list in my head, but here it is anyway

Wine - white
Wine - red

Gingerkittykat Sat 05-Sep-20 16:44:37

Catawaul

Sounds like a back to school packed lunch list! Not sure about the tablets though. Dishwasher tablets?

Maybe valium!

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 05-Sep-20 16:47:28

My shopping list is on my phone in the rather fabulous Our Groceries app so I'm sorry but I won't be leaving comedy lists in trolleys 🤦🏻‍♀️

HorsePellets Sat 05-Sep-20 16:50:55

You would all love my lists, which are done on a weekly planner where I tippex out the days of the week and replace with headings for sections of the shop, and come with descriptions such as ‘cheap pasta x4’ or ‘meat’ or ‘SF chicken STEAKS in the BLUE box’ or ‘pretend shreddies’.

Sometimes ‘things’ go on the list.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in