Talk

Advanced search

Test Results Covid

(6 Posts)
Kitcat47 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:12:39

Me DH and DD had a test yesterday as DD had symptoms bu I think its just a cold. Me and DH had results back this morning at 6 o'clock but nothing for DD. Husband rang up and was told it could take 72 hours to get results. Do you think as we were negative she will be? Do we go back to work? School??

OP’s posts: |
DressingGownofDoom Tue 01-Sep-20 13:16:30

You can't send her to school if she has Covid symptoms and is pending test results confused

lazzaroo Tue 01-Sep-20 13:26:17

Can I ask what her symptoms are? I'm concerned school are going to send kids home for cold symptoms when guidance is still pretty clear about what symptoms warrant a test. My son as a cold.... Sneezing, blocked nose etc but I haven't got him tested as he has no covid symptoms.

Chocolategirl19791 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:45:20

We're in Scotland so been back a few weeks. We had to have DD tested as she had a cough. The school wanted evidence of a negative test before she went back.

In terms of when to test they've been very clear to only test with the 3 COVID symptoms and not runny nose and sneezes only.

lazzaroo Tue 01-Sep-20 13:53:44

That's a relief. I was beginning to panic that I was being irresponsible by not testing him! Obviously if he develops cough or temp etc I wouldn't send him in and would sort test.

Kitcat47 Tue 01-Sep-20 16:49:22

She had a sore throat runny nose and a cough. Because I've had a sore throat we arranged a test. Also My friends little girl who was going to school before the school hols had a cold they wouldn't let her in school without a test. They all had to isolate until they go the results. It was negative.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in