Talk

Advanced search

Kawaii party

(5 Posts)
YolkiPalki Mon 31-Aug-20 14:12:23

Trying to plan a birthday party for a 10-year-old with four friends and thinking of a Kawaii theme. There seems to be plenty of (overpriced) branded stuff for props and party bags, so this aspect of birthday-planning is manageable. However, I am struggling to come up with actual activities for the girls at the party. Making origami? Drawing a Kawaii character? It seems a bit too simple for 10-year-olds. Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

OP’s posts: |
MitziK Mon 31-Aug-20 14:28:28

Icing their own cupcakes with a table of random sprinkles and whatnots. I did it for DD2's party and had all of DD1's teenaged mates who came around (they were all used to spending time with the pair of them) had a brilliant time. even if a couple of them also hid out back behind a tree with some fags at one point And there was far less mess that way. Dancing, fashion parades - and they're not too old to appreciate pass the parcel or musical statues (but they have to strike a pose when the music stops).

Access to sparkles and sticky stars (probably end up on the face) and things like that. Drawing and origami sound fun (get nice coloured paper, washi tape, etc). Dressing up - lots of cat ears and unicorn hair bands.

Oh, and bubble mix. The joy of having bubble mix is one of those things that never quite goes, especially if it's not popular in party bags anymore because of the mess.

And lots of access to photos. Not to post publicly online, but to create a happy Kawaii montage, showing all the fun things they were doing.

After the last few months, it'll probably be nice for them to just be kids.

YolkiPalki Mon 31-Aug-20 16:49:18

Thank you MitziK, love the idea of dressing up and taking pictures!

Yes, that's exactly what I am hoping for - just pure kids fun, feeling goofy and happy!

FairyAnn Mon 31-Aug-20 16:54:19

What about making jewellery? Beads or that Fimo stuff you bake in the oven?

YolkiPalki Fri 04-Sep-20 09:30:21

Thank you, great idea!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in