Talk

Advanced search

Microsoft Publisher

(9 Posts)
rainexpectedsoon Sat 29-Aug-20 10:05:18

Can anyone recommend a free alternative to MS Publisher? I need to produce some leaflets with lots of graphics, but I am a beginner at desktop publishing. I was told Publisher was the easiest to use, but I don’t have it... Any solutions need to be free or very low cost. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
rainexpectedsoon Sat 29-Aug-20 10:40:44

Bumping for any tech experts?

MuchasSmoochas Sat 29-Aug-20 10:43:41

Try the free version of Canva, I use it a lot and think it’s great. It’s £9 a month I think but the free version shows you the capability.

rainexpectedsoon Sat 29-Aug-20 13:13:09

Thanks Muchas, will look into it. Someone has suggested Adobe Spark - do you know if that is similar? My knowledge really is very low and I need to get up to speed very quickly!

PeriPeriMenosauce Sat 29-Aug-20 14:06:57

I used to love publisher but it's turned real crap.

Lots of people I know (teachers) use PowerPoint. Believe it or not.

Once you set up your pages/folds it's pretty easy. It has great alignment tools plus you can insert your images from an open window, just click and drag over to the PowerPoint slide.

rainexpectedsoon Sat 29-Aug-20 14:12:17

Thanks Peri. I do use PowerPoint, but not sure it is going to give me the professional finish I was looking for. That may be down to me though! Can I ask why you don’t like Publisher any more?

BriocheBriocheBrioche Sat 29-Aug-20 14:14:02

I second Canva, loads of free fonts and graphics, easy to use, great templates that are fully customisable, easy to upload photos etc.

FacePirates Sat 29-Aug-20 14:53:12

I've used PowerPoint to make both flyers and a glossy brochure for a business. I pdf them and no one knows that I haven't used a professional design suite. They more than do the job and look good enough to be on a leaflet stand with other items.
However, I do have a designy background and am absolutely meticulous at using guides etc to line things up.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 29-Aug-20 14:55:06

I 3rd Canva!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in