Talk

Advanced search

Sorting out my house for the life I live, not the life I aspire too

(3 Posts)
Legoandloldolls Thu 27-Aug-20 23:44:48

So with the kids off school for countless months, my house is rammed and cluttered ( again). We live now with no kids parties, no more nights out etc so I am getting g mindful that my house is partly full of clothes for a life that I dont lead.

Lots of party dresses for dd but no parties since February and let's face it, that's on going.

I have wedding outfits but everyone is married now. Work clothes but I got redundant 4 years ago. Outfits I wore on nights out or evenings out but again, no plans to do either for the next 12 months.

The kids out grow their clothes so its wasteful to donate those things that will only fit for another 12 months.

But is it miserable to clear out and streamline my belongings? I guess it is, but I hardly used a lot of stuff before the pandemic. I asked some of friends out for a drink this week to mark our kids getting their GCSEs and no one wants to go out. I think they all think its unsafe so that's going to take post vaccine to get them out.

If I go out with dh it's a causaul dress or smart casual.

I feel like that's true for a lot of things in my house. It how I ideally want to live, but it's not used in my life.

OP’s posts: |
Anordinarymum Fri 28-Aug-20 00:12:21

Sounds like you could do with a push in the right direction so here's a suggestion. Why not look at all the things that will not fit your children and sell them on eBay or similar?

Start small and then carry on with clothes/items you don't need or want.

Legoandloldolls Fri 28-Aug-20 12:11:47

Right I'm going to find at least ten things for Ebay today!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in