Talk

Advanced search

M&S Pork Saltimbocca

(8 Posts)
TimelyManor Thu 27-Aug-20 16:21:05

The packet says to fry on a medium heat for 6 or 7 minutes each side. That seems a long time, will the pork not be like shoe leather being cooked for that long? I don't have pork very often as it usually ends up tough but I was hungry when I was shopping blush

It's this one

Help me, oh wise ones, would you stick it in the oven or cook it for a shorter time?

OP’s posts: |
mynameiscalypso Thu 27-Aug-20 16:23:32

I haven't had it for a while but seem to remember that it's okay because the ham keeps it from drying out. I probably cut down the cooking time by a minute or so and just cut it open to check.

TimelyManor Thu 27-Aug-20 17:09:11

Thank you, Myname smile

TheNoodlesIncident Thu 27-Aug-20 17:19:17

I wondered about that too, but it actually was quite tender. I thought I might cut down the time after adding the garlic butter but it wasn't necessary. I had a medium heat under the frying pan, rather than very hot, and think cutting them to check is a good idea.

They really are very, very good and I want them now

TimelyManor Thu 27-Aug-20 18:10:49

grin I'll think of you as I'm eating it, TheNoodles, thank you.

TimelyManor Fri 28-Aug-20 09:20:20

Mmm mmm! That was very tasty and not at all tough or dried out smile

FredaFrogspawn Fri 28-Aug-20 09:23:44

I had this dish thirty years ago and loved it enough to remember it but never knew what it was! I’ve just looked up a recipe and this is definitely what it was. So I’m going to have a go at making it now.

Thank you!

TimelyManor Fri 28-Aug-20 09:46:17

Enjoy, Freda smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in