Talk

Advanced search

General sense of dread.

(4 Posts)
Bluewavescrashing Sun 23-Aug-20 15:57:59

I have a background feeling of unease and it's really unsettling me. The pandemic, the longterm effects, the crap weather here--grey and wet. Running out of ideas to entertain DCs. Couple of family issues. Generally everything is OK, employed, no financial worries, reasonable health (chronic illness but well managed), DH is great. But I just feel worried.

I do have anxiety but my meds (sertraline 100mg daily) help a lot with that. I've cut out sugar and alcohol completely and have long walk every day.

OP’s posts: |
TinySongstress Sun 23-Aug-20 16:03:01

I feel exactly the same. I've just returned to work from furlough and the job is exactly what it was before, no more pressure than normal but I'm just constantly filled with that enduring dread. I've tried to rationalise it, but I can't. It hits full on anxiety at some points.

Bluewavescrashing Sun 23-Aug-20 16:12:30

I think mine is different to when I used to catastrophise for no reason. I'm genuinely unsettled by the current state of affairs. The incompetence of the government, returning to work in a school in 2 weeks' time, the fallout from Brexit.

Bluewavescrashing Sun 23-Aug-20 16:13:35

@TinySongstress what kind of work do you do, out of interest?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in