Talk

Advanced search

Walking shoes -any recommendations?

(9 Posts)
FredaFrogspawn Sat 22-Aug-20 19:31:58

They’re a lot more affordable. Thanks - will look out for them too.

OP’s posts: |
Nquartz Sat 22-Aug-20 18:33:46

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mh100-womens-waterproof-walking-shoes-blue-id_8397090.html

I have these, really comfy so far & waterproof.

FredaFrogspawn Sat 22-Aug-20 17:57:40

Perhaps I need to look at modern boots - mine are about 12 years old and I hate them. They’re so heavy. I was thinking walking shoes mainly because we don’t really do much on tough terrains - more hills than mountains, more Chilterns than Lake District!

reluctantbrit Sat 22-Aug-20 17:51:04

I had Merrill boots (can't wear hiking shoes) and really liked them. I think DH has Merrill at the moment and DD also had them at one point.

Currently I have Jack Wolfskin, DD had Salomon but I found them quite narrow cut.

I would go to a shop to try on, like Cotswolds and see what fits the best, lots have different sizing compared to "normal" shoes, for example DD had a size 6 in boots when she was a 4 in school shoes.

Any particular reason why you don't want boots? I find them far more secure then shoes and they are not that much heavier nowadays.

FredaFrogspawn Sat 22-Aug-20 17:50:45

Thanks both - I think you’re right about the Merrell feet and that I have them. I’ll try both of those.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sat 22-Aug-20 17:41:16

I’ve been wearing Merrell Jungle Mocs for years now. They’re perfect for walking on lots of different terrrains and so comfy

leafeater Sat 22-Aug-20 17:40:28

https://www.merrell.com/UK/enGB/siren-edge-q2-waterproof/33320W.html?dwvarr_33320W_color=J77530#cgid=merrell-hike-womens&prefn1=itemStyle&prefv1=Shoes&prefn2=technologyCollection&prefv2=Waterproof&start=1

leafeater Sat 22-Aug-20 17:40:02

I got these in the sale, they are working out fine so far. I think if you have Merrell feet, you just have Merrell feet smile

FredaFrogspawn Sat 22-Aug-20 17:27:17

I have Merril walking sandals which have been great all summer but I need some walking shoes (not boots). They are for 10 mile hikes but not really tricky surfaces - more woods, fields and non-mountainous footpaths.

Does anyone have Merrill walking shoes? Are they good? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in