Talk

Advanced search

Period pants... possibly TMI 🤔

(12 Posts)
AnnieJ1985 Thu 20-Aug-20 14:22:05

I bought a set of period pants with reusable inserts a while ago, but forgot about them so only getting around to trying them now. I haven't worn them during day yet, but wore the pants with insert in bed last night.

Overall I was really pleased as I find normally I get my pad all bunched up overnight and the pants were comfy and secure, but

TMI bit

There was a smell this morning.

I know periods smell, and I am not a fan of heavily scented pads, but I don't really want to smell of it if I start using the pants during the day.

Any advice, was wondering about maybe adding drops of essential oil or something?

OP’s posts: |
GreyishDays Thu 20-Aug-20 14:25:29

I find the same. I use mine as overflow catching with a tampon too, and try and be careful in the morning otherwise they smell.

So I’m no help.

Pan44 Thu 20-Aug-20 14:27:34

Yep, smelly. Worse than just a pad for some reason. I use emergencies and nights only for that reason.

WeDontTalkAboutLove Thu 20-Aug-20 14:32:29

I think anything used overnight will smell in the morning a bit but yes, I do know what you're talking about.
I tend to use a reusable pad in my period pants for the first part of the day and then when that needs changing, just remove it and use the pants as they're intended. I find this shorter period of time stops any smells. I suppose if you used the same pad all day it would be a bit unpleasant too?

AnnieJ1985 Thu 20-Aug-20 14:39:17

Normally I would wear same pad all night, and while there would be a .... whiff? (😳) ... it wouldn't be a strong smell.

I imagine others would be smell me if I was wearing the pants. No use asking DH, he has no sense of smell at all.

During the day I would change more regularly.

Then that leads me to a new question... if I start wearing during the day, change mid way through, and put used one into my bag (wrapped/bagged up), will it start smelling in bag?

I really want this to work out!

AnnieJ1985 Thu 20-Aug-20 21:46:06

Hopeful bedtime bump, for any more feedback or tips!

AnnieJ1985 Wed 16-Sep-20 18:41:17

Just bumping this again as pmt kicks in....

On a totally unrelated note, DH is breathing very loudly.

neverenoughchelseaboots Wed 16-Sep-20 19:30:17

I wear them during the day and they don't smell.

And I definitely would know - I can smell my armpits way before anybody else, even my bloodhound DH grin

I think period pants are the best invention ever.

PegLegAntoine Wed 16-Sep-20 19:41:17

Thank you so much for posting this, I thought it was just me! I use mine as a back up for the cup

AnnieJ1985 Wed 16-Sep-20 19:45:07

Maybe I need a different brand?

It is awkward because I would love to try them during the day but I am afraid that I would start to pong in the office

I need to have a period on a Saturday, so I am in the house all day and can monitor it without fear!

Nix2020 Wed 16-Sep-20 20:16:43

I've used period pants for over a year. I can honestly say I've never noticed a smell. I use cheeky pants. I use the larger ones for night and the briefs for days, tend to change around once a day, pop it into a wet bag and give it a good rinse when I return home.

They are great wished I'd known about this in my teens I swear I get less pms with them.

AutumnSummersBuffysCousin Wed 16-Sep-20 23:12:08

I wear Modibody and don’t Really notice a smell after a long period.Well a bit, but only when I pull them down to go to the loo if you know what I mean. I love how comfy they are with no pad rubbing my thighs giving me itchy marks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in