Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a budgeting app?

(6 Posts)
jimjamjoo Thu 20-Aug-20 09:19:33

I normally use a pen and paper but would like an app when I can put it my monthly outgoings etc. Anyone used a good one? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
GinnieHempstock Thu 20-Aug-20 09:22:54

You need a budget (YNAB).
I was recommended it on here years ago and it's fab.

jimjamjoo Thu 20-Aug-20 10:05:39

Thanks @GinnieHempstock do you have to pay for that one? I was hoping for a free one but realise one might not exist!

OP’s posts: |
TheClitterati Thu 20-Aug-20 14:09:01

You get a free 35 day trial on YNAB. And then it's about £68 for the year. I'm just a few days into my trial. There is a heck of a lot to learn but it does seem to be a really wonderful tool once you get your head around it. I have spent a bit of time watching videos on how to use it and see tall up properly. It will really kick in once I get my salary at the end of this month.

I do think I will probably end up paying the subscription. And I've not seen anything compare a ball elsewhere. You can read reviews online

BiBabbles Thu 20-Aug-20 14:19:27

I use goodbudget, there is a free and paid versions. I find the free version does everything I need though it took a bit to get it all set up and running smoothly.

NoSquirrels Thu 20-Aug-20 14:25:16

YNAB is the one.

It’s less of an app for recording your income & outgoings (although obviously that IS what it is) but more of a mindset and system for being intentional about how you spend and what your priorities are.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in