Talk

Advanced search

I've decided I'd like an American man :)

(189 Posts)
Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 21:15:26

I don't need to preface that this is lighthearted do I?! Well, just in case - it is!

My friend is married to the most lovely man from South Carolina. Another friend is married to the most interesting man from Maryland. And I've developed a crush on a former FBI agent who appears on a crime programme. I've therefore decided I'd like an American man. How do I find one? smile

OP’s posts: |
JoshLymanIsHotterThanSam Sat 15-Aug-20 21:22:27

Go to America and pick one up in a bar grin

Gurufloof Sat 15-Aug-20 21:24:58

alaskamen.com try here?

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 21:28:47

If I could actually get myself to USA I'd need lessons in How to Pick Up A Man in A Bar.

Guru I hate to sound picky, but I don't much fancy Alaska.

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 21:29:29

Although I suppose I could possibly persuade an Alaskan man to move <ponders>

FedUpAtHomeTroels Sat 15-Aug-20 21:31:14

You don't want one that frequents bars, it's different to going to the pub once in a while.
All the men I knew except Dh had a church family, so if you want an American man move there, join your local church (there were more churches than bars in out town) There you will find all sort of busybodies who will have you set up in no time. Sorted.

Mamette Sat 15-Aug-20 21:33:08

ExH is both American and an utter prick so do your due diligence (pronounced doo diligence).

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 21:56:45

Oh Mamette I'm sorry. What's his name so that I can avoid him when I'm inundated with American men vying for my attentions?!

FedUp maybe I can attend an American Church via zoom. That could work actually - no need for expensive air fares (if I could fly at all in these Covid days), and I can read a book off camera when the religious bits go on too long.

pointythings Sat 15-Aug-20 22:15:58

I married one. It didn't end well. His traditional conservative upbringing was definitely a large part of the problem. Be careful what you wish for.

Bunnybumbum Sat 15-Aug-20 22:23:18

Funnily enough I know an American man whose on the market grin He’s a New Yorker and his accent is a novelty at first!

BoxAndKnife Sat 15-Aug-20 22:24:04

Mamette

ExH is both American and an utter prick so do your due diligence (pronounced doo diligence).

Same.

Sunrise234 Sat 15-Aug-20 22:24:28

Following with interest as I too have a soft spot for American men lol.

Witchend Sat 15-Aug-20 22:26:05

Trump will take anyone if they tell him he's really clever. I'm sure you can impress him with big words.

BoxAndKnife Sat 15-Aug-20 22:26:49

Mine was an alcoholic ex-Mormon. Well, still is, I guess.

He's back in the Land of the Free, where he belongs, sing hallelujah.

Sunrise234 Sat 15-Aug-20 22:31:04

Trump will take anyone if they tell him he's really clever. I'm sure you can impress him with big words.

I think you might need to be a supermodel though!

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 22:37:14

Bunny I love a New York accent, send him over.

Sunrise we could work as a pair smile.

I'm sorry some of you have had shit experiences with American men.

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 22:38:50

I don't know any big words so sadly Trump will not want me. Sunrise, you can have him if you like?

Sunrise234 Sat 15-Aug-20 22:41:22

I don't know any big words so sadly Trump will not want me. Sunrise, you can have him if you like?

I doubt he'll want me either so I'd rather stay far away from him - although the billions of dollars might be nice!

MoggyMittens23 Sat 15-Aug-20 22:55:32

I’ve got an American! Same as with people from anywhere, you’ll get some good, some bad.

Yukkalye Sat 15-Aug-20 22:59:03

Moggy how did you get him? Give me and Sunrise some tips, otherwise we might be forced to learn big words and seduce Trump smile

JingsMahBucket Sun 16-Aug-20 05:13:42

@Yukkalye wait. Who’s the former FBI agent who’s on tv?

PlanDeRaccordement Sun 16-Aug-20 05:24:57

The Americans have airbases all over Europe including U.K., just look one up and move to that area. Might get an officer.

Nandocushion Sun 16-Aug-20 05:51:06

Stay away from the churchy ones! Which tbh is a lot of them. They are freakish and weird. Stick to the cities and interview them closely for any dodgy church or Republican leanings so you can run like the wind if you need to.

CherryValanc Sun 16-Aug-20 06:07:35

I know this is bigoted, fruitist to be specific, but avoid the orange ones shaped like pears who look like they suck lemons.

Remember, Trump is American.

Newjez Sun 16-Aug-20 06:09:00

Yukkalye

I don't need to preface that this is lighthearted do I?! Well, just in case - it is!

My friend is married to the most lovely man from South Carolina. Another friend is married to the most interesting man from Maryland. And I've developed a crush on a former FBI agent who appears on a crime programme. I've therefore decided I'd like an American man. How do I find one? smile

USA airbases?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in