Talk

Advanced search

Multivitamins for 2 year old

(8 Posts)
welldonesquirrels Sun 09-Aug-20 09:29:37

So I'm trying to find multivitamins for my (just turned) 2 year old - nothing fancy, just the DoH recommended A, C, D etc.

We've tried a couple of different liquid ones and she hates them, spits it out, seems to avoid anything it's mixed in with. I thought about chewable ones but I can't find any for 2+, they all seem to be ages 3+.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

OP’s posts: |
Nix2020 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:43:52

They only need vit d. However the others won't do any harm. I use the drops from Holland and Barratt. They are flavourless I pop it in his milk or Yoghurt. Not had any issues

BrokenLink Sun 09-Aug-20 09:45:01

The Healthy Start liquid drops seem to be palatable for fussy children. If you aren't entitled to free ones you can buy them in Superdug. If your child is very fussy, try hiding them in fromage frais.

Lockdownseperation Sun 09-Aug-20 09:50:27

The age 3 plus ones are because the sweetie ones are considered to be a choking hazard. Normally the vitamin content is the same.

welldonesquirrels Sun 09-Aug-20 10:28:18

Thanks all this is really helpful smile

OP’s posts: |
bashcrashfall Sun 09-Aug-20 11:25:41

I spoke to a pharmacist when I had the same problem and as above they told me it's just the choking hazard and that the vitamin content is fine.

Merename Sun 09-Aug-20 11:29:03

So the pharmacist is saying go ahead and give the chewies to a 2yr old, just make sure they don’t choke?

SospanFrangipan Sun 09-Aug-20 11:44:56

My DS has had chewable haliborange bits since he was 2. I used to cut them up for him so he was less likely to choke.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in