Talk

Advanced search

Ikea - Would a double duvet fit in a Kallax box?

(23 Posts)
naemates Thu 06-Aug-20 21:22:30

Without using the vacuum bags? We've just got a sofa bed, but short on storage so have bought a Kallax today but they didn't have my boxes in stock sad

I have the duvet and pillows in a black bag at the moment and just had a thought that I might be able to get the duvet in one box and the pillows in another if I squish them, has anyone done this?

OP’s posts: |
KatyN Thu 06-Aug-20 21:27:12

I bet not a chance in hell.

WisestIsShe Thu 06-Aug-20 21:29:03

I would think probable not if it's synthetic. Down/feather then a reasonable chance.

ParisOnWheels Thu 06-Aug-20 21:29:31

I have a kallax with boxes on it and whilst I’ve not tried it I really can’t see it working. Thin pillows, seriously squashed there’s a slim chance but def not duvet.

Castoreum Thu 06-Aug-20 21:30:03

Not unless it's a very lightweight summer duvet. And even then it would be difficult.

Stopthehop Thu 06-Aug-20 21:30:43

I will go and empty out one of my less full kalax boxes and test it for you. They're quite spacious but I'm not sure without testing.

PoppedTheHipAgain Thu 06-Aug-20 21:33:41

I've had a double summer tog in one and a double lightweight feather in one.

But I can squeeze things like a squeezy thing which squeezes.

I'd say yes.

Soontobe60 Thu 06-Aug-20 21:34:06

I guess it depends on the tog of the duvet! You may be better with a top sheet and a couple of blankets, Ikea have some nice ones.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 06-Aug-20 21:36:13

Yes, dependant on tog and careful folding.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 06-Aug-20 21:36:28

Yes, dependant on tog and careful folding.

Stopthehop Thu 06-Aug-20 21:39:04

Surprisingly the double duvet fitted with some squishing then I took it out and fitted 4 pillows in there.

Awkwarddough Thu 06-Aug-20 21:40:09

Maybe get some of the solid Kallax boxes rather than the fabric ones so they do t distort when squishing!

naemates Thu 06-Aug-20 21:40:36

Thanks @Stopthehop I love the commitment!

Mixed responses, I'm planning to get the white boxes with the 9 wee holes on the front if it makes a difference? The duvet was probably Ikea's cheapest, so hopefully fairly thin 🤞

Cheesecakejar Thu 06-Aug-20 21:42:58

I have no idea but I wanted to say @Stopthehop what lovely thing to do for a random stranger on mumsnet! 😊

tryingharder92 Thu 06-Aug-20 21:46:27

Stopthehop

Surprisingly the double duvet fitted with some squishing then I took it out and fitted 4 pillows in there.

You've made this thread so much more interesting for me!

Stopthehop Thu 06-Aug-20 21:48:58

This is the same size box I have I don't know if it's the same as yours.

www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/droena-box-black-30219281/

wkahabd Thu 06-Aug-20 21:51:47

I can get a low tog king size duvet in. But it's a tog 4 I think.

naemates Thu 06-Aug-20 21:53:47

Mine are a cm smaller than yours! Oh no, do I take the risk?

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lekman-box-white-10247138/

Those are the ones I'm planning to go for.

Thanks again stop - next can you come over and help me build the thing?!

confusednortherner Thu 06-Aug-20 21:57:22

Glad Stop has tested it as I was debating which box to empty as I couldn't decide if it would. I love a bit of ikea flat pack , you can pretty much guarantee it's flat pack that actually works 😀

naemates Thu 06-Aug-20 22:09:04

My problem with flat pack is that I underestimate the size of the boxes, and also seem to get my Nissan Micra confused with the Tardis!

Stopthehop Thu 06-Aug-20 22:11:31

It might be a bit more of a struggle with the hard plastic one. I'm definitely not helping with the building me and dp fell out building ours. grin

confusednortherner Thu 06-Aug-20 22:32:07

naemates

My problem with flat pack is that I underestimate the size of the boxes, and also seem to get my Nissan Micra confused with the Tardis!

We did that when I bought a ready assembled 4x4 Kallax from bargain corner then had to get it home 😂

naemates Wed 12-Aug-20 16:39:27

I know everyone is dreadfully excited for an update - you'll be pleased to hear that the duvet fits perfectly! And my marriage survived assembly of the unit, so good times all round grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in