Talk

Advanced search

Feel like the baby stage is never ending. Just want to cry

(2 Posts)
OrangeLavenders Thu 06-Aug-20 11:39:14

DS is almost 3. Completely non verbal. Isn't responding to PECS but we keep trying. Doesn't understand a basic sentence such as pass me your cup, pass me your shoes. Adores swimming. Broke my heart yesterday. I was so so excited to take him back to the pool but the saddest thing was he had no idea until he was beside the water. Doesn't understand 'we're going swimming!'

It's lonely. So so lonely. I joined a FB group for autistic parents recently. Great group. Banned 2 weeks later because I said I wouldn't be having another baby hmm

DS keeps on and on doing things he shouldn't. Opens and slams everything. No idea why. It's on repeat. Broken the washing machine twice. Turns everything on and off.

Spent £££ on toys and doesn't want ANY of it. But loves to get stuff he can't play with. Danger to himself and can't be left anywhere. Doesn't understand that you need to wait for me to help you down stairs. I wake up in the morning and it's all go go go! Can't even shower alone. He's in there with me but then tries to again do things he shouldn't be.

I just want to get out of the baby stage. When does it end? It's like having a baby that's just going into toddler hood.

I'm exhausted, mentally. I can't sit down for 5 mins.

OP’s posts: |
HathorX Thu 06-Aug-20 11:48:12

That sounds rough, I don't have experience but I can imagine in your shoes I would be feeling just as frustrated and exhausted.

It sounds like you had really bad luck with a judgemental FB group. Strongly suggest you try again, and again, until you find some parents who have a more normal amount of compassion. Finding even just a few people who can be friends with you and who you can chat with easily and who really understand what you are going through, will make a world of difference.

Meantime I am sure you'll get a huge outpouring of sympathy here. Hold tight, xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in