Talk

Advanced search

Can you please identify this plant?

(5 Posts)
Healthquestion101 Sat 01-Aug-20 08:00:34

Hello.... please help me identify this plant so I can look after it properly. I've tried sun, no sun, watering everyday and only watering when soil dry and it's not looking too grand!

OP’s posts: |
Will0wtree Sat 01-Aug-20 10:52:58

Is it a turtle vine, callisia repens? It's related to the tradescantia family or plants. www.groww.fr/en/plants/turtle-vine

Healthquestion101 Sat 01-Aug-20 11:11:49

Peperomia was something I came up with looking at photos online but it also looks very similar to the turtle vine. Thank you... both require very little water so I'll try leaving it alone for a bit!

Thanks again

Thingsarel00kingup Sat 01-Aug-20 13:02:39

Yeah, it is a tradescantia - you can trim the brown/dying bits off. Also if you cut some healthy parts (cut between the leaves) and dip them in rooting powder before popping them back in the soil, they'll root and grow, so you can cover the bare bits.

I've had these for YEARS and still not worked out how to prevent them looking messy on top at the soil part. I usually put them on a high shelf so that bit doesn't show, as they grow really long!

Healthquestion101 Mon 03-Aug-20 12:35:20

@Thingsarel00kingup Thank you! It seems I've perhaps been under watering as it loves humidity apparently. I've used tweezers to remove the dry brown leaves and may try putting it in the bathroom.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in