Talk

Advanced search

Just had my hair cut and coloured and....

(28 Posts)
Rollergirl11 Wed 29-Jul-20 17:22:15

....a friend has texted asking if I fancy a run (socially distanced) this evening. I replied saying I’ve just had my hair done and she replied saying “so?”. I don’t really want to go running and my hair get all wet and sweaty a couple of hours after having it done but friend isn’t really getting my just. Would you do exercise or go swimming etc straight after visiting the hairdresser? Would that be a reason for you not to?

OP’s posts: |
CodenameVillanelle Wed 29-Jul-20 17:23:30

Ideally I would arrange it so I wasn't but I wouldn't let it stop me if needs be

GnomeOrMistAndIceGuy Wed 29-Jul-20 17:26:04

God no! My hair only looks lovely when I've had it done so I want to stretch that out for 2 days!!

DariaMorgendorffer Wed 29-Jul-20 17:27:20

Would definitely not want to go! Love the way my hairdresser dries my hair ... always try to get a few days out of it smile

OnlyFoolsnMothers Wed 29-Jul-20 17:27:57

Nope, I want my monies worth

Mrsjayy Wed 29-Jul-20 17:27:58

No I wouldn't go out running or anything bif I had just spent £££s getting my hair done enjoy it till your next wash smile I got my hair done today first in 4 months I'm considering sleeping upright tonight grin

Billyjoearmstrong Wed 29-Jul-20 17:31:03

God no! Keep it nice for as long as you can! It never looks the same after you’ve washed it.

Toilenstripes Wed 29-Jul-20 17:31:52

“Sorry, want to stay pretty for as long as possible.”

Rollergirl11 Wed 29-Jul-20 17:35:38

Hah hah, so I’m not being a total diva for not wanting to then? I don’t understand why friend doesn’t understand where I’m coming from! 🤷‍♀️

@Mrsjayy yep mine is from before Christmas so I deffo want to get serious mileage out of it.

Oblomov20 Wed 29-Jul-20 17:36:45

God no. I don't run anyway. But I definitely wouldn't after a haircut.

Yankathebear Wed 29-Jul-20 17:39:29

I would go!

TinyGringotts Wed 29-Jul-20 17:43:27

I'm a committed runner. Decent weekly mileage, get cranky if I haven't run for a while etc. But no way in heck would I run on hsirdesser day. I am also committed to scheduling runs to suit hairwashing days 🤣🤣🤣

TheOrigBrave Wed 29-Jul-20 17:44:28

I am the "so?" friend!
When I get my hair cut and coloured I always make sure it's still long enough to tie back and ask her not to bother with a blow dry as I'm doing sport later. Then I leave, put my bike helmet on and go home.

dudsville Wed 29-Jul-20 17:47:33

I'm not a big exerciser but if I'm planning exercise then I don't do my hair beforehand!

Rollergirl11 Wed 29-Jul-20 17:52:44

Yep exactly, I wasn’t planning on doing any exercise because I’ve had my hair done. Was thinking at a push I might do some tomorrow but failing that definitely Friday and the rest of the week. Just not today!

ShagMeRiggins Wed 29-Jul-20 17:52:52

I would not do anything to jeopardise a colour, cut, and blow dry. Not for days. Especially after months of not having one.

Ponytail doesn’t do the trick for me. Still fucks it up if I sweat.

Pilates, yoga, light weights—all fine. Anything cardio? Nope!

Mental health is as important as physical health.

Mrsjayy Wed 29-Jul-20 17:58:58

Your hair always feels lovely once you bounce out of the hairdressers why anybody would want to sweat on it is beyond me ☺️

CaptainPovey Wed 29-Jul-20 18:02:28

NFW

Not spending £££s on lovely hair and it get all manky within hours

KipperTheFrog Wed 29-Jul-20 18:05:07

Wouldn't bother me! But then my hair looks no different after the hairdresser does it. It's always flat and poker straight 😄

Chochito Wed 29-Jul-20 18:06:57

I exercise every day. Today I went to the hairdresser and then directly to the gym. I would go running. But I wouldn't force a friend to go running.

Fluffyslippers01 Wed 29-Jul-20 18:07:32

I would definitely not go!! When I go to the hairdressers I like to get my monies worth and stretch it out for at least 2/3 days!! Any exercise would have to be before the apt or 3 days after 😂 stand your ground OP 💇‍♀️

Ulysses Wed 29-Jul-20 18:10:23

I've just had my hair done and due to a go to a run (doing C25K). It's sitting really nice so this thread has cemented my decision NOT to go!

LtJudyHopps Wed 29-Jul-20 18:12:38

You’re meant to leave it a few days before you wash it again right? So I wouldn’t get it sweaty to make it last as long as possible until the next wash!

damnthatanxiety Wed 29-Jul-20 18:20:03

It's best to not wash your hair for 48 hours after a colour, so...

AnnaSW1 Wed 29-Jul-20 18:20:51

Definitely I'm with you on this one!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in