Talk

Advanced search

Lump on forehead??

(5 Posts)
ScottishStottie Wed 29-Jul-20 16:07:14

Dp has had a lump appear on his forehead, hasnt bumped his head or anything so no idea why/what has caused this.

He mentioned yesterday that he could feel a spot starting, but wasnt very visable yet. But today he has a noticeable lump, which feels pretty hard, and also has a headache.

Is this something to be worried about? Not sure whether to be worried about this or whether its just swelling (very very extreme swelling...) From the spot?

Its maybe about 3cm across and noticeable as a lump.

OP’s posts: |
Pomegranatemolasses Wed 29-Jul-20 16:10:14

Could it be a boil? I've seen them start like that. Is it painful/throbbing?

ScottishStottie Wed 29-Jul-20 16:19:00

Not sure about throbbing, but he did say it was sore. Not sure if thats more the headache though.

Trying to avoid quizzing him too much about it, due to previous health issues i have a tendancy to stress more than i should about dp when he has any health issues so dont wsnt to 'annoy' him too much about it, while at the same time trying to monitor it so i know if he needs to do something about it.

Dp is a typical 'man' man, where his arm could be falling off and he wouldn't want to go to the doctor... hmm

dogperson05 Wed 29-Jul-20 16:23:27

Could it be an insect bite ?

ScottishStottie Wed 29-Jul-20 16:26:53

He doesnt remember being bitten, but yes it could be this. Told him to take an antihistamine to see if it helps but he is adamant thats not what it is. Also offered him a hot compress to see if that helps but he didnt want one.

Maybe i just need to leave him to it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in