Advanced search

What is this???

(18 Posts)
Miljea Sat 25-Jul-20 23:10:09

To me it looks like an infected cyst. It isn't cancer. Cancer doesn't tend to look like that.

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 22:41:05

Yeah it's concerning me a little. But hopefully just something simple that the doctors can fix easily with cream or something smile

OP’s posts: |
PoodleMoth Sat 25-Jul-20 22:39:43

Glad you are going to get it checked. It's probably nothing to worry about but it looks like it's not going away on it's own!x

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 22:25:01

Thank you will call gp on Monday and see what they say x

OP’s posts: |
HippyChickMama Sat 25-Jul-20 22:22:14

You should get it checked by your GP but it could be an ingrown hair. I've had them before, though not that big and once I got the hair out they disappeared.

FadedRed Sat 25-Jul-20 22:22:00

Looks like a boil or infected sebaceous cyst. Needs to be checked by HCP, probably need antibiotics and a proper dressing. Also a test to exclude diabetes, as frequent boils can be a sign of high blood sugar.

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 22:13:47

Not being overly dramatic but is that a symptom of it? Just curious?

Definately not from my bra, the others that had appeared was higher up more near my armit

OP’s posts: |
ElizabethinherGermanGarden Sat 25-Jul-20 21:51:04

When I was at university I used to do typing for the breast cancer surgeon in our local hospital, sending the response letters to GPS who had referred patients.

A number of those letters expressed the surgeon's annoyance that the GP had not checked whether the patient's lesion linked to a loose wire in the patient's bra.

I'd check all your bras to see whether they might be causing the problem with either the wire or the stitching, but if not, I'd be seeing the GP sharpish.

AwkwardSquad Sat 25-Jul-20 21:49:01

Hidradenitis suppurativa.

Quite hard to spell...

AwkwardSquad Sat 25-Jul-20 21:48:14

Not pretending to be any kind of an expert at all, OP, but it reminded me of a condition a former colleague had, called hidrdinitis suppurativa. Might be worth a look? And yes, whatever MN or the internet thinks it is, a GP visit is definitely in order!

Northernmum100 Sat 25-Jul-20 21:47:33

From the picture and description, I think maybe a boil? Check the NHS website but it does suggest GP appointment if it doesn't clear up.

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 21:47:27

Thank you. Think I was just feeling like it's only a spot (I think) so didn't want to waste their time especially just now.
But will call them on Monday see what they say

OP’s posts: |
PoodleMoth Sat 25-Jul-20 21:46:16

Ring the doctors, they will probably give you a phone appointment and if you tell them you need to show them something you can usually email the photo in advance. I did this for a mole recently. If they then need to see you they will or they may prescribe based on the pic. It looks sore, please do get it seen!

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 21:40:42

No there's nothing there usually but a few of the same kind of thing but smaller have been popping up out of nowhere around the same area recently..
I'm unsure if I can be seen by GP just now but will call and ask.

OP’s posts: |
HelpMeh Sat 25-Jul-20 21:39:12

It could be an abscess or infected hair follicle. But I'd want to see a GP to rule out anything ominous. Is there normally a mole in that area?

fassnk Sat 25-Jul-20 21:38:24

That does look sore! Maybe some kind of cyst? I would get a GP/practice nurse to have a look.

NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 21:33:40

Here it is

OP’s posts: |
NC111 Sat 25-Jul-20 21:32:19

So for the last few months I've had this thing appear under my arm. It's painful and red. It bursts- leaks some liquidy stuff then appears again sore and inflamed within a few days..any ideas what it is or what's causing it?
Sorry if TMI
Will attach photo

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in