Talk

Advanced search

So tired but can't sleep!

(8 Posts)
heartonastring Tue 21-Jul-20 06:37:58

I've been up since 4 and wondered if anyone was arounf for a chat.
DH has a job inteview today. He was made redundant 4 weeks ago and it's been a slow job market (sign of the times and I'm sorry for anyone else going through this.)
It's a part time job (anti social hours) but fits in so well with our future plans that it's like it was made for him.
It's a supervisor role and he doesn't have that much experience but he is a great guy, who can motivate and lead people. People listen to him as he can explain calmly and precisely. It's a telephone interview and I am just so nervous for him!
I've tried not to let on as I don't want to put any extra pressure on him. I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant so I think hormones are playing a huge part in how I'm feeling!
Anyway, I'm going to potter around the house and get a few things done. The house has never looked tider!

OP’s posts: |
Frownette Tue 21-Jul-20 06:48:20

Good luck to DH smile

I get that, when you're really tired but your brain's still going and you can't drop off.

It's an exciting time for you then with the pregnancy and potential new job opportunity. As you said there are positives to lack of sleep like getting things done

heartonastring Tue 21-Jul-20 07:02:04

Ds is up now so we are playing downstairs so DH can have a short line in.
I just have loads of nervous energy!

Frownette Tue 21-Jul-20 07:14:38

Wow your heart really is on a string! Like you said try to rein in showing your hope and excitement until interview over.

The good thing is that even if he doesn't get this one you know something similar can come up in the future, so all positive flowers

heartonastring Tue 21-Jul-20 07:19:16

Ah, you are lovely @frownette, I'm trying to be very neutral (although I'm pretty sure dh knows exactly what I'm doing.)
If he doesn't get it, we will be ok and it's all good experience.
I definitely get carried away with thinking too far forward (like if he gets the job he can walk there. It's 2 days a week so we would no longer need to pay for childcare and so much more!)

PaperMonster Tue 21-Jul-20 07:27:37

Fingers crossed for him x

heartonastring Tue 21-Jul-20 07:48:53

Thanks @papermonster! Interview is at 11 so will be taking us our for a walk!

heartonastring Tue 21-Jul-20 07:49:24

*ds not us!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in