Talk

Advanced search

"Are you pregnant?"

(7 Posts)
Butterer Mon 20-Jul-20 23:45:36

^ my neighbour, who I've not really seen over lockdown, asked me this today.
I'm absolutely not blush

I was scarily underweight when she moved in 18 months ago... I'm now definitely not underweight any more, I'm not especially overweight either but I'm well out of shape and have got quite a bit of a belly going on...
I burst out laughing at her question and just said I'm heavier than when we met - it's
needling me a bit now though.

I think this might be my motivation to start exercising. ..

OP’s posts: |
MotherPiglet Mon 20-Jul-20 23:48:54

People are so bloody rude. Someone did this to me and I laughed it off too (then cried later on) but it is not acceptable. Noone knows what someones going through. I had just had an early miscarriage (certainly wasn't showing) when someone I worked with asked me.

JaneJeffer Mon 20-Jul-20 23:48:57

Wow your neighbour is a cheeky so and so.

Joebloggsss Mon 20-Jul-20 23:50:53

You won’t be the only one that has possibly put on weight during lockdown. Did it bother you before your neighbour commented? If not let it go. Better than being under weight by far.

Butterer Mon 20-Jul-20 23:52:21

Oh crikey @MotherPiglet - I'm really sorry that happened sad

OnceUponAMidnightBeery Mon 20-Jul-20 23:56:32

Much better than being underweight, don’t let a silly, unthinking comment make you feel bad.

Butterer Tue 21-Jul-20 00:02:55

Joebloggsss

You won’t be the only one that has possibly put on weight during lockdown. Did it bother you before your neighbour commented? If not let it go. Better than being under weight by far.

I've been noticing it/bothered by it a little bit recently.

I've also been having a bit of a 'oh god what if I'm never intimate with another human being again' brainfuck - the 'definitely not pregnant' is because I've not been near anyone for years, and I'm getting a bit sad about it.

So yeah, it's a case of a cheeky comment touching a few already raw nerves I guess.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in