Talk

Advanced search

So, weighted blankets..

(27 Posts)
Thorilicious Mon 20-Jul-20 20:33:49

Are they worth it? I'm having trouble sleeping and relaxing at night, so I've ordered one. Hoping to hear some success stories...

OP’s posts: |
pennee Mon 20-Jul-20 20:47:05

Which one did you order? I have looked at a few and never see anyone respond with the difference it makes so would be interested to hear 🙂

Onynx Mon 20-Jul-20 20:48:32

They are fantastic. Worth going to somebody who makes them to order- is mine is the recommended weight for my height and weight.

Justonedayatatime11 Mon 20-Jul-20 20:48:57

I have one from gravity blankets. It took a little while to get used to the weight, but I now can't sleep without it. I was dubious, especially with the price they are, but it has genuinely helped me sleep much better.

MrsHuntGeneNotJeremyObviously Mon 20-Jul-20 20:49:41

My ds just bought one for his gf, who has a lot of anxiety. It's got a bamboo cover so cool in summer, warm in winter. She said it made her feel very secure and she slept like a log the first night she got it.

JoyFreeCake Mon 20-Jul-20 20:50:20

My therapist tried to get me to try one but when I went online there was so much choice I was overwhelmed and didn't buy any of them 😆 (Also I have an aversion to buying anything remotely special-needsy for myself, for personal reasons, even if it's something bought by the general public too.)

PaquitaVariation Mon 20-Jul-20 20:51:42

My 16yr old has one and he loves it. He feels it’s been really helpful.

NervousInYorkshire Mon 20-Jul-20 20:57:17

I'd bloody love one, but apparently they're dangerous for people with diabetes sad

DominaShantotto Mon 20-Jul-20 20:59:19

DD2 has one for her having lots of issues -sometimes it helps her but I think she's outgrown the weight on it to be honest and we need to get a heavier one.

I have one (I have bloody crippling anxiety) and while I don't use it all the time - I do use it when I'm really struggling and it centres me down a bit better.

LioneIRichTea Mon 20-Jul-20 21:16:27

I tried one but I felt really claustrophobic but I am a bit strange and generally sleep with half the covers off me grin

Justnotfeelingit Mon 20-Jul-20 21:19:39

I love mine. I don’t have anxiety or sensory issues, I jus have trouble getting to sleep and used to wake up several times in the night. Now I get to sleep quicker and don’t wake up.

Thorilicious Mon 20-Jul-20 21:30:34

I've got this one. I'm keeping everything crossed, I'm so tired!

Thorilicious Mon 20-Jul-20 21:31:14

Sorry, this one.

Thorilicious Fri 24-Jul-20 08:39:41

Quick update.... Mine arrived yesterday, and I've just woken feeling the most refreshed I've felt in ages.
I did still wake a couple of times in the night, but snuggled down and went back to sleep quickly.
Will be interesting to see if it's just a fluke, or it continues...

QuentinWinters Fri 24-Jul-20 08:41:49

I have a mela one, I dont sleep with it though because I was walking up with sore joints. But I use it on the sofa if I'm stressed and it helps. Not entirely sure it was worth the money for me

vanillandhoney Fri 24-Jul-20 08:43:41

I have one and it's a life saver for me!

I have bad anxiety at times with bouts of insomnia. I don't use it every night but after I had a car crash last week it massively helped me settle and at least get a few decent nights of sleep while I got over the shock.

Mine was about £70 from Amazon.

Fuss Fri 24-Jul-20 11:09:16

I have the Brentfords 6kg one, it was £18.99 plus £2.99 P&P from here:

www.onlinehomeshop.com/brentfords-weighted-blanket-quilted-silver-grey

Kids were so impressed I had to order two more. Never seen them that cheap so wasn't expecting much but bloody hell is it good.

Sunnysidegold Fri 24-Jul-20 11:50:56

@Fuss I've now just gone and bought one from your link. I've been wondering about these for a while but was concerned about spending so much on one. Thanks for the link.

Fuss Fri 24-Jul-20 11:58:00

Sunnysidegold

*@Fuss* I've now just gone and bought one from your link. I've been wondering about these for a while but was concerned about spending so much on one. Thanks for the link.

I was the same, didn't want to spend £50 and hate it, but at that price it was worth a punt.
DD has the lighter 4kg one. The 6kg fits across my King Size bed at the bottom, I pull it up and sleep under it.

Considering another for the sofa ☺️ One of my best purchases.

Sunnysidegold Mon 27-Jul-20 14:29:44

My blanket has arrived! And it is fab! It's so comforting.

Blinkyblonkyblimey Mon 27-Jul-20 14:47:18

I was having problems sleeping and thought about getting a weighted blanket, but they seemed so expensive. Then I saw one on QVC - it was a reasonable price and I ordered it, knowing that if it didn’t help I could send it back. Was genuinely surprised at the difference it made to my sleep. I wouldn’t be without it now.

Fuss Mon 27-Jul-20 15:07:50

Sunnysidegold

My blanket has arrived! And it is fab! It's so comforting.

Glad you love it! I confess I had the most epic lie in under mine yesterday because I'd pulled it up in the night from the end of the bed.

pinkcattydude Mon 27-Jul-20 15:17:01

I love mine

doingitforthefrill Mon 27-Jul-20 15:20:11

I’m pretty tempted to order one but I’m always worried I won’t like it and they all seem pretty pricey!

Has anyone on here with fibromyalgia tried one?

DoctorYang Mon 27-Jul-20 15:22:09

Didnt help me at all, was too heavy to turn over in bed and it was such a pain if it fell of the bed in the night! Also made me too hot. Its now thrown in a cupboard.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in