Talk

Advanced search

What would you say to your boss if you could with consequence?

(6 Posts)
katew355 Sun 19-Jul-20 11:54:12

I will start off by saying I'm very tired after working my backside off for the last few months so I'm very grumpy. I'm finally at a point where I can stop for a bit but it's just making me stew on all the things I wish I could say to my boss and above which I can't without causing a whole heap of trouble and stress (there are A LOT of politics where I work). So I thought here might be a good place to offload (sorry MN's).
The main thing I wish I could say is stop calling me ' my ......' as in 'I will ask my (job title) to speak to you about that' as though I specifically belong to her. This particularly relates to someone I work closely with who is slightly senior that me but isn't officially my line manager (although she insists to everyone she is). I don't belong to anybody although I wouldn't mind being referred to as 'our (job title)' as in I belong tothe organisation.
Anyway, rant over. Does anyone else have anything they wish they could say to their boss but can't??!!

OP’s posts: |
katew355 Sun 19-Jul-20 11:55:12

Can't even get the title right I'm so tired!! That should say without consequence 🙄

OP’s posts: |
Natmat1 Sun 19-Jul-20 12:13:42

For the last 8 years my working hours have been 7-4 I am not even sure what a lunch break is, do not continue to call me at bloody 6pm you feckin eejit!!!!

This is just one example, the whole WFH stuff has been a joke. I think it's more like am living at work!

Justgivemesomepeace Sun 19-Jul-20 12:16:10

I just left but i would say to my old boss that he

KurriKawari Sun 19-Jul-20 12:16:17

That it is not the role of his junior staff to babysit/hold hands of senior staff just because they are incompetent.

Justgivemesomepeace Sun 19-Jul-20 12:30:03

Oops- I would tell mh old boss that he was great and I loved working for him. However his boss totally take him for granted and under estimate him and he needs to move on.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in