Talk

Advanced search

Which ring doorbell do I get?

(16 Posts)
Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 11:24:38

I see there are quite a few on the website but I don’t know which one to get?? I want to be able to of course see who’s at the door, be able to record/access who was there if I wasn’t home/hear the bell went... easy to install and not hardwire as I rent and no bell on the door already.

Also the ones with the rechargeable battery, how often do you need to charge them and how long do they take to charge?

Tia

OP’s posts: |
BearSoFair Sun 19-Jul-20 11:58:26

Placemarking as we're also looking at Ring bells, especially interested on the charging point.

Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 14:15:40

Bumping for us!

Ehunt1 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:40:47

We have the ring door bell 2. It is excellent, we got it to see who was there and also for deliveries etc when we were out. Ours isn’t hardwired and took about 5-10 mins to install. I love being able to know who has been at our door when we are out.

Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 14:51:23

Thanks for replying. So how do they attach to the door if they aren’t hardwired?

Ehunt1 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:59:16

It runs off a battery And connects to my WiFi .And it is basically just stuck on the trim of my front door.

Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 15:12:17

Thanks, how often do you have to to charge it? My front door is on the side of my house so I’m wondering how much of the drive it will cover ....

Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 15:14:39

Plus do you mean the second generation? Looking at that it says it has some sort of bracket you have to fit to the door with looks like tools......

Ehunt1 Sun 19-Jul-20 20:59:43

We’ve had our for maybe 9 months now and I’ve never charged it. We get a good view of our whole driveway and the road/pavement. It’s the second generation one we have. Got it from Costco.

Wonderingwhyme Sun 19-Jul-20 21:34:07

Ok thanks. It looks like you have to screw or into the door frame though? Is that right?

Ehunt1 Sun 19-Jul-20 23:22:37

I can’t remember but it’s not very heave so you could probably use that really sticky double sided tape for outdoor uses. Think scotch tape 3m make it.

slipperywhensparticus Sun 19-Jul-20 23:24:58

I'm thinking of getting one too

Saladd0dger Sun 19-Jul-20 23:28:42

Are they easy to rip off? I want 1 but worry about it getting stolen

Pavlova31 Mon 20-Jul-20 04:20:12

Yes i would be concerned about it being stolen too.

generalexpert Mon 20-Jul-20 04:44:34

I have the wired version. It's very good.

Need to screw it to the door frame, but lightweight screws. Ring will give you a new one if somebody steals it.

Wonderingwhyme Mon 20-Jul-20 06:03:33

You say light weight screws but surely they will put holes in the frame? As I said, I rent and don’t want to be having to replace a door frame whenever I move out?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in