Talk

Advanced search

Would this indicate anaemia?

(5 Posts)
RhodaCamel Sat 18-Jul-20 19:24:49

Haemoglobin level of 103?
My mil is very unwell with tumours in her liver and one in her bowel (Neuroendocrine tumours). She has been waiting for some treatment at a London hospital but since Covid she has been struggling to get anywhere with her consultant as everything has been postponed.
Mil has been feeling very, very weak and tired obviously the main reason being her condition but she did has some bloods taken by the gp last month. We have just seen the results and it showed that her Haemoglobin levels are 103. We are going to try to contact her consultant on Monday and I want to know if she is anaemic.
Does anyone know anything about Haemoglobin levels?

OP’s posts: |
FedUpAtHomeTroels Sat 18-Jul-20 19:50:23

Should be 115 to 165

RhodaCamel Sat 18-Jul-20 19:54:08

Thanks, I thought so.

Needmoremummyjuice Sat 18-Jul-20 19:59:33

A Hb of 103 would indicate anaemia and will be making your MIL feel tired and perhaps a little breathless on exertion. There a many times of anaemia so she may need some further bloods to identify the cause but if she has a tumour in her bowel it will likely be caused by iron deficiency and malignancy. Speak to the GP/Cons on Monday who will be able to correct her deficiency with a supplement. Good luck for her treatment flowers and if you haven’t already the NET patient foundation website is a great resource for neuroendocrine tumour info and support.

RhodaCamel Sat 18-Jul-20 20:12:06

Thanks Needmoremummyjuice and I’ll check out that website.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in