Talk

Advanced search

Night alone in a hotel

(105 Posts)
Missushbb Tue 14-Jul-20 17:50:01

Am I weird for contemplating this? Just so tired, fantasising about some peace and quiet and a decent sleep!

OP’s posts: |
PaperMonster Tue 14-Jul-20 17:50:48

Not weird at all. I would love a night alone in a hotel.

hopeishere Tue 14-Jul-20 17:52:41

God me too. I'm so fed up with home and kids. We are going away next week but it's self catering. I really want to go to a five star hotel in the sun alone to read my books, swim and sip wine.

Rowgtfc72 Tue 14-Jul-20 17:57:44

Can count on one hand the amount of hours I've been alone in the house since the end of March.
I just want the sofa and tv remote to myself and not having someone in my face every ten minutes.
When are we going ?grin

lifestooshort123 Tue 14-Jul-20 17:58:11

I've had the odd night alone in a (cheapish) hotel and loved it.

orangejuicer Tue 14-Jul-20 17:59:04

Do it if you can!

iklboo Tue 14-Jul-20 18:08:33

When I win Euromillions I'm setting up a hotel just for knackered MNers. A bit like Fantasy Island where you message me what nice things & goodies you like (legal, no clandestine liaisons) and I'll arrange it for you.

mindutopia Tue 14-Jul-20 18:18:02

That sounds wonderful. I go away quite often on my own in normal times. In fact, I take at least 1 or 2 holidays a year (usually about 4 days) by myself and leave dh and dc at home. I just want to go to bed when I want and eat when I want and sleep in peace. It's great.

Missushbb Tue 14-Jul-20 18:21:06

😂 my OH would be fine with this and he can watch the kids,
I just worry it's giving in and a bit decadent! 😬
But I just need a change of scene, and some time ALONE!! Watch something that isn't paw patrol, or just read in peace and quiet.

Missushbb Tue 14-Jul-20 18:21:17

😂 my OH would be fine with this and he can watch the kids,
I just worry it's giving in and a bit decadent! 😬
But I just need a change of scene, and some time ALONE!! Watch something that isn't paw patrol, or just read in peace and quiet.

Missushbb Tue 14-Jul-20 18:22:07

mindutopia

That sounds wonderful. I go away quite often on my own in normal times. In fact, I take at least 1 or 2 holidays a year (usually about 4 days) by myself and leave dh and dc at home. I just want to go to bed when I want and eat when I want and sleep in peace. It's great.

That sounds amazing. Wow.

PerditaProvokesEnmity Tue 14-Jul-20 18:23:40

No issue at all, surely?

Few things nicer than stepping into one's gloriously peaceful room ...

Millie2013 Tue 14-Jul-20 18:28:36

I have this occasionally when working away, because it's only occasionally, it's a real treat. I take some wine and snacks and slob about in my PJs, messing on my phone and watching crappy TV. Its heaven!

FoxtrotOscarPoppet Tue 14-Jul-20 18:32:07

Sounds heavenly!

MagnoliaJustice Tue 14-Jul-20 18:33:03

I went away for a training course for work once, when my DC were all little, and it was 5 whole nights in a hotel - I bloody loved it. The training was dull, but oh my days, that enormous comfy bed, room service, the power shower, the massive TV and best of all, no-one yelling 'muuuuuuuuum!'

Notthisnotthat Tue 14-Jul-20 18:35:50

I would love a night away, on my own or DH and I haven't been away together in over 6 years now. Our youngest has health issues so between that and grandparents aging and their own health issues there hasn't been anyone willing and able to look after our early riser.

If one my own, id like a comfy bed, huge bath to soak in and room service with posh normal food, you know cooked 3 ways chips and an amazing cheeseburger although not on a brioche bun, burgers have to be in burger buns.

Jemimatheragdoll Tue 14-Jul-20 18:37:52

Actually I'd love to have the house to myself for a week.

I'd put fresh bedding on my bed, blitz the rest of the house in a couple of hours, stock up on wine & chocolate food and then relax in a clean quiet house reading. Bliss!

AuntieMarys Tue 14-Jul-20 18:39:04

I used to do it loads of times. Sometimes eat out, sometimes room service...Sometimes a shed loads of crisps, dips and nibbles. Always wine.

ajandjjmum Tue 14-Jul-20 18:41:24

I used to love that when I travelled for work!

I did once book a couple of nights away in a spa when the DC were small - developed a migraine on the first night, and spent it in the bathroom throwing up! Somehow lost the appeal after that! grin

Missushbb Tue 14-Jul-20 18:47:58

Yes a night home alone would be bliss too. DH gets to go away for the night with work, he can't wait to do it again once he can!! So I bloody well should shouldn't I? I've never been away with work.

bloodywhitecat Tue 14-Jul-20 19:00:30

I just worry it's giving in and a bit decadent!

But in order to look after others well we need to look after ourselves, it is the kind of thing we would treat someone else to but seldom do the same for our own well-being.

JaaniGoGo Tue 14-Jul-20 19:02:00

Jemimatheragdoll

Actually I'd love to have the house to myself for a week.

I'd put fresh bedding on my bed, blitz the rest of the house in a couple of hours, stock up on wine & chocolate food and then relax in a clean quiet house reading. Bliss!

This sounds like heaven to me!

The last time I had this when I was heavily pregnant with twin dc, 6 years ago. Dh took dd (2 at the time) away for the whole weekend. I cleaned the house in about an hour and the spent Friday afternoon until Sunday evening sat on the sofa, eating and drinking non alcoholic wine.

I long for a weekend like that again........

isittheholidaysyet Tue 14-Jul-20 19:03:13

I've done this a couple of times. A night in the nearest Travelodge just because I needed to get away from the kids, relax and sleep.

If your budget allows for a better class of hotel, then don't feel bad about that either.

Yankathebear Tue 14-Jul-20 19:04:25

I love when I have to go away for work. I get all my work done as quickly as possible and then have long baths/showers, watch films in bed, have an early night, exercise without children, facepacks etc!

BearSoFair Tue 14-Jul-20 19:07:55

I had a night alone when I travelled for a gig in 2017...it was heaven! I think I enjoyed the peace and having the bed to myself more than I enjoyed the concert grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in