Talk

Advanced search

is there a over the counter spray for nasal polyps?

(3 Posts)
ricksha Sat 11-Jul-20 11:51:08

Was wondering if anyone has had nasal polyps and what the name of their spray was called.

Long story short but I literally can't breathe properly from my nose and it's really bad at night. I can't sleep properly which is killing me. Gp referred me to hospital - had a phone consultation and doc prescribed steroid nasal spray as he thinks it might be a blockage inflammation type thing like polyps but obviously can't be too sure as he didn't actually physically see me! Prescription won't be ready till over a week! As he needs to send a letter to go first etc.

So I was wondering if I could buy something over the counter in the meantime to get my treatment started as I know it takes a few weeks to start seeing any results.

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
WishIWasSomewhereElse Sat 11-Jul-20 12:12:22

Beconase? Any of the nasal sprays advertised for hayfever, that contain a steroid (fluticasone, mometasone, beclometasone, etc) will work, and depending on whether you pay for your presriptions or not, are actually cheaper than prescriptions.

I have had nasal polyps for years, sometimes they come out of of nose (yuck), they are also in my sinus passages. The only problem with the spray is I often get a staph infections.

ricksha Sat 11-Jul-20 13:33:04

WishIWasSomewhereElse thank you. Would something like perinase work?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in