Talk

Advanced search

My husband is tired. I thought I’d better tell you all

(343 Posts)
FlamingoAndJohn Fri 10-Jul-20 17:22:39

There has been so much huffing and puffing around the house about how tired he is that I think he wants everyone to know.

OP’s posts: |
JemimaPyjamas Fri 10-Jul-20 17:24:03

I’m glad I do. Mine has just informed me he’s going to the toilet.
Equally useful info I thought worth sharing x

ClaraLane Fri 10-Jul-20 17:24:43

I don’t think you’re being very sympathetic. Everyone knows that man tired is different from normal tired. The poor lamb couldn’t possibly cope with his tiredness.

TW2013 Fri 10-Jul-20 17:25:16

Do you think he needs the dressing gown of doom? It might help to make it really clear that he is suffering.

SalemSaberhagenSpellman Fri 10-Jul-20 17:25:40

Oh no it must be another pandemic as mine has the exact same symptoms. The audible exhale seems to be the worst symptom so far. Obviously he has caught it as he's the only one working from home and looking after the kids! Oh no, wait...

MrsTribbiani Fri 10-Jul-20 17:27:14

He obviously needs to be relieved of all adult duties tonight so he can sit on the sofa and watch you cook, clean and be a grown up. Women never get tired, obvs.

LillianBland Fri 10-Jul-20 17:27:41

It could be an indication, that dive thing is seriously wrong. 😱

Is it his turn to do dinner, by any chance?

Mummyofboys88 Fri 10-Jul-20 17:28:03

Dressing gown of doom grin

Louise0701 Fri 10-Jul-20 17:30:08

Poor man flowers

elephantoverthehill Fri 10-Jul-20 17:30:28

grin Glad I haven't got one.

startingtoday Fri 10-Jul-20 17:31:14

Poor wee lamb, please go get him a drink immediately smile

iklboo Fri 10-Jul-20 17:33:51

Mine too. It must be soooooo hard being all a tired and having to let everyone know. I'm expecting 'trembly voice' any time soon.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 10-Jul-20 17:36:58

Mine sighs and hunches

Makes me want to kick him grin

NothingIsWrong Fri 10-Jul-20 17:37:06

Mine is so tired he's had to take himself off to the pub to be tired there.

Soubriquet Fri 10-Jul-20 17:39:14

Ah poor little sausage

You must sit him down immediately and offer him a nice hot drink whilst massaging his feet and giving as much sympathy as you can

mylittlesandwich Fri 10-Jul-20 17:41:23

Male tiredness must be different. I am absolutely shattered. Finished my first shift back at work after mat leave and promptly took control of a 7 month old and making dinner so DH could send some emails. Said 7 month old has been especially difficult today and has successfully prevented any email sending.

Lindylooboo Fri 10-Jul-20 17:43:17

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I, too, live with a man whose sighs can probably be heard by the entire street.

FlamingoAndJohn Fri 10-Jul-20 17:43:52

No dressing gown of doom.
I just announced I was off out for a walk, and left.
Hopefully he will have recovered by the time I get back.

OP’s posts: |
FunTimes2020 Fri 10-Jul-20 17:45:10

Ah poor thing, he may perk up later after a little rest and muster up a little bit of energy to play on the Xbox or watch tv do you think? grin

confusedofengland Fri 10-Jul-20 17:49:10

Definitely a pandemic. Mine is tired and 'acheyfied' hmm Which obviously requires him to sit on one screen or other all day, moaning, groaning & wincing 🙄 Of course, it is not bad enough to do anything about it like take medicine, though. Poor lamb hmm

Lockdownseperation Fri 10-Jul-20 17:49:46

There has been times over the last year when if I had had the energy I could have easily have murdered my husband for saying he is tiredZ apparently because I don’t complain all the time that I’m tired I can’t be tired all the time. I have a nearly 1 year who is breast feed so I have to do all the night feeds. An older child at home so no week day daytime naps.

If you want we can be each other alibi.

wellerhugs5 Fri 10-Jul-20 17:49:47

@NothingIsWrong

Mine too 🤣

Spacecudet Fri 10-Jul-20 17:53:39

Mine has just come home from work very tired. He said he was too tired to even undo his shoes. I didn't offer to help. I'm sure he'll summon up the energy eventually.

Fromage Fri 10-Jul-20 17:55:57

One day after I had done a massive clean of the kitchen (emptied and cleaned inside all the cupboards, fridge, breadbin and sideboard; cleaned the oven; scrubbed the floor on hands and knees with an olde worlde scrubbing brush; washed the windows; cleaned the doors and handles of everything with a door or a handle; even dusted the fucking light fitting; EVERYTHING) I came home to find my then-partner exhausted and close to death on the sofa.

Me: omg are you ok? What's happened, are you hurt?
Him: (weakly points to the kitchen)

At this point I am imagining I will find a dead bear in there, or at least 3 burglars.

Me: w-what...?
Him: I've cleaned it.

There was no dead bear. There was a smeary floor and a bucket and mop still out, and a strong smell of carpet shampoo. The hob showed the remains of popped bubbles and a gel-like lump of fairy liquid. The bin was scratched to buggery like some fuckwit had cleaned it with a brillo pad. The dishwasher was full and dirty. The oven door smelt of polish and the door handle was sticky.

Me: but why.
Him: so, so tired.......I'm aching ..... can you run me a bath......so tired......
Me: Any recollection at all of me cleaning it yesterday? Like when you got the hump and stomped off to the pub after waltzing in and saying "are you doing a roast?" to my arse, because the rest if me wad under the sink and I said "no, I'm cleaning this midden, it's disgusting in here" - remember that.....?
Him: (face of sadness slowly morphs into expression of horror, humiliation and anger that he had been tricked into cleaning his own kitchen even though he hadn't been at all) Nnnnoooooooooo.....,

Me: please undo whatever you did, and order a takeaway unless you plan on feeding me something that smells like Mr Fucking Sheen.

HE TOOK TO BED.

fgs

Soubriquet Fri 10-Jul-20 17:58:10

Fromage

One day after I had done a massive clean of the kitchen (emptied and cleaned inside all the cupboards, fridge, breadbin and sideboard; cleaned the oven; scrubbed the floor on hands and knees with an olde worlde scrubbing brush; washed the windows; cleaned the doors and handles of everything with a door or a handle; even dusted the fucking light fitting; EVERYTHING) I came home to find my then-partner exhausted and close to death on the sofa.

Me: omg are you ok? What's happened, are you hurt?
Him: (weakly points to the kitchen)

At this point I am imagining I will find a dead bear in there, or at least 3 burglars.

Me: w-what...?
Him: I've cleaned it.

There was no dead bear. There was a smeary floor and a bucket and mop still out, and a strong smell of carpet shampoo. The hob showed the remains of popped bubbles and a gel-like lump of fairy liquid. The bin was scratched to buggery like some fuckwit had cleaned it with a brillo pad. The dishwasher was full and dirty. The oven door smelt of polish and the door handle was sticky.

Me: but why.
Him: so, so tired.......I'm aching ..... can you run me a bath......so tired......
Me: Any recollection at all of me cleaning it yesterday? Like when you got the hump and stomped off to the pub after waltzing in and saying "are you doing a roast?" to my arse, because the rest if me wad under the sink and I said "no, I'm cleaning this midden, it's disgusting in here" - remember that.....?
Him: (face of sadness slowly morphs into expression of horror, humiliation and anger that he had been tricked into cleaning his own kitchen even though he hadn't been at all) Nnnnoooooooooo.....,

Me: please undo whatever you did, and order a takeaway unless you plan on feeding me something that smells like Mr Fucking Sheen.

HE TOOK TO BED.

fgs

No court would sentence you

You would have a free pass there

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in