Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown babies

(5 Posts)
YellowEllis Wed 17-Jun-20 10:11:53

I had a search and couldn't find a thread but if there is one can someone link me?

Just thought it'd be nice to have a thread for those of us at home with babies, on maternity leave who due to covid aren't getting to go out and meet mums at groups etc. A place to chat, unload, share stories/advice?

Is anyone interested? smile

OP’s posts: |
ElleyBear13 Wed 17-Jun-20 10:26:08

Hey nice to meet you! I have a just before lockdown baby she was born ten days beforehand - I had a womb infection post birth so we only met a handful of relatives shes still to meet my brother, husbands brother and sister, great grandparents etc -all our newborn checks were done with ppe and her hearing / hip scans / HV checks were all cancelled sad...shes still not registered 😅 hoping we can do in the next few months though. I've found the phone appointments hard to do as I have a 4 and 2 year old at home - and a key worker husband. Honestly it's been awful - nothing I had envisioned for her first few months.

It's been really really difficult but I'm hoping with restrictions easing well have a better few months ahead.

How old is your little one? How are you finding it?

megggsss Sat 04-Jul-20 08:56:02

YellowEllis Definitely interested if this thread is still going smile

Babyvibe Mon 13-Jul-20 17:50:12

Hi yes this is the type of thread I wanted to find to see how others are coping with being at home during this time. Is this your first? It’s my first baby born April and although enjoyed having quality family time with DP home a lot more than most get to have because of lockdown he is now back at work and am itching to get out of the house more to go to groups and meet other mums. Unsure when they’re going to be opening up if anyone knows?

PrincessBailey Mon 03-Aug-20 20:42:55

I'm very interested in this thread!
Baby born a couple of weeks before lockdown. First baby and I am so, so upset this is the way he has had to spend his first few months of life locked inside. I feel I have been robbed of my precious time with him and not being able to share with friends and family. And I know many others are in the same boat. Such an awful time for new parents, as well as those that have lost loved ones during the pandemic. Really hoping things can get back to 'normal' soon.

Have you been going out much? If so, what have you been doing with your babies?
I've been going on walks. And I have yet to venture into a shop. I'm desperate to walk around Tesco's but I can't help but feel guilty for bringing my baby with me. Is it a necessary trip? No... But I have cabin fever!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in