Talk

Advanced search

I was too young to appreciate Desperate Housewives the first time around

(13 Posts)
JMAngel1 Sat 23-May-20 13:29:04

All seasons are on Amazon Prime - half way through Season 1 and it all resonates with me so much more now I'm in my 40s. It's hilarious fluff - perfect Lockdown TV.

Rebelwithallthecause Sat 23-May-20 13:30:21

I loved it so much! I tried to watch again recently but DH wasn’t interested.

Enjoy!

Teacaketotty Sat 23-May-20 13:33:04

We’ve been watching too, so much better this time around!

OhTheseSummerNiiiiights Sat 23-May-20 14:23:21

Oooh I didn’t know it was on Amazon! Perfect!

TeaAddict235 Sat 23-May-20 14:37:24

Good stuff, but it could have been far more multicultural. There can't only be poor Latino cleaners and handymen.

Just like Girls, Gossip girl, friends.... and all the rest, it focused on a rich white narrative. My experience of the US just ain't that.

Libertylee Sat 23-May-20 14:39:27

I loved it first time and enjoying watching again- halfway through season 3 🤗

kaleidoscopeantebellum Sat 23-May-20 14:41:40

I've just finished watching all 8 seasons! I really enjoyed it. Might try ugly Betty next.

Teacaketotty Sat 23-May-20 14:47:51

I’ve never watched ugly Betty, any other recommendations?

Ukelele3 Sat 23-May-20 14:49:19

I've watched every episode several years ago (may 8 or 9 years ago) and even though I really really enjoyed it, I honestly cannot remember even a tiny detail of what happened in the episodes now. I just about remember the names of the main characters and who was with you.

PiggyPokkyFool Sat 23-May-20 14:59:45

@TeaAddict235 - I thought Gaby and Carlos were Mexican? What about The Applewhites - it has been a few years but I think that was their name.

vinoelle Sat 23-May-20 15:44:05

@Teacaketotty I love ugly Betty!

TeaAddict235 Sat 23-May-20 20:06:51

Don't the Applewhites come in a few series / seasons later? Almost as a way of answering the critics. @PiggyPokkyFool

PiggyPokkyFool Sat 23-May-20 22:30:02

They do I believe @TeaAddict235 but given their storyline I cannot believe they were brought in to silence any critics - nothing too 'feel good' about it. If they wanted to include just to appease then a few candy floss characters might have better!
And G+C were definitely there right from the start and then there was Mama Solis and Gaby's Mum and the v v v dodgy step father.
There were probably others too - it's been at least a decade since I have seen it though DH and I did love it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »