Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Shark Vacuum cleaner?

(19 Posts)
Daffodil101 Sat 23-May-20 13:07:33

Upright version?

I have the ‘Lift Away’ and it’s driving me potty. Constantly having to cut hair out if the bottom, fluffy rotating bit underneath always clogged.

And the power cord on the side! I’m always running over it!

Is it just me?

Llareggub Sat 23-May-20 13:16:01

I have a shark lift away. I haven’t noticed any of these problems but I am sure I will now!

It’s quite heavy though, I do feel like I have done some exercise when I’ve done the whole house.

Daffodil101 Sat 23-May-20 13:20:32

That flex....do you find it’s in the way all the time?

I think I might need a bloody tutorial!

2manyshoe Sat 23-May-20 13:25:13

I have this one and it actually lasts a long time and perfect for my hairy dogs grin

Davros Sat 23-May-20 13:32:25

I got a GTech recently, it's pretty good but the thing I like most is that you can take the brushes out of either head to clean and get rid of the hair. I even enjoy doing it!

goose1964 Sat 23-May-20 13:33:57

We've just bought one, as in it arrived about 5 minutes ago. Our Dyson died on us and my sister recommended Shark toys a while ago. I also have long hair so I bought one that's anti hair wrap.

Daffodil101 Sat 23-May-20 13:41:18

I think it’s a great improvement on my last Dyson. But. God! The flex!

Lollypop4 Sat 23-May-20 13:45:46

I have the lift away,its crap!!
Useless on hatd flooring, better on carpet, so stays upstairs, but the wand bit gets blocked with literally nothing all the time!!
Ive stuck with my belived Henry hoover, 7yrs strong and used daily , twice sometimes with no issue

MsChatterbox Sat 23-May-20 13:46:59

I have the lift away and love it... Not had any issues!

Daffodil101 Sat 23-May-20 13:47:38

Maybe I need a Henry!

rosecreakybex Sat 23-May-20 13:59:34

I love it but it does get full quickly - I suppose due to its efficiency. It's picks up EVERYTHING. I'd rather clean more often and have a clean house

MsMiaWallace Sat 23-May-20 14:02:28

We have one.
Best vacuum we've owned & I have very long curly hair. X2 kids & x2 dogs.
It's used everyday.
Had a Dyson before. Shark is much better.

BrigitsBigKnickers Sat 23-May-20 14:04:28

I have had the new shark lift away ( powered lift away) for about 4 months having had Dysons for years. It is really quiet and picks up well on both hard floors and carpets but is just so bloody fiddly and there are some serious design flaws.
-the hose is too short and the main part of the vac falls over when you use it
- the lift away feature is impossible to use on the stairs ( I use the pet tool which is really good)
- the collection bin is minuscule.
- the cable is far too short.
- the suction is too powerful to vac a door mat or small rug - if you catch the corner it gets sucked up into the vacuum.
- it is so heavy and clunky and not that easy to manoeuvre.
- the comb under works to a certain extent but hair still gets tangled round the roller.

I have to say I am not particularly impressed.

MsChatterbox Sat 23-May-20 14:06:54

@BrigitsBigKnickers on mine there is an option near the handle to adjust suction power?

BrigitsBigKnickers Sat 23-May-20 14:45:34

mschatterbox yes I have that slider on the handle but even the less powerful one at the top designated for rugs and mats is still too strong and sucks the corners of the mat up if I go too near the edge.

Davros Wed 27-May-20 11:26:17

Henry is marvellous but he's heavy, hence my new GTech. I've used Henry on the patio which divided posters on MN

Roo2012 Wed 27-May-20 11:38:58

I like the suction of the Liftaway. I don't like the weight and I don't like i how frequently I have to cut hairs out of the roller. But I put that down to the fact that I have DC with ridiculously long hair.

MrBennsshop Wed 27-May-20 11:46:57

I hate the Shark Liftaway we were given with a passion. It needs emptying multiple times, the dust container is minute. Plus I think bagless vacuum cleaners are inherently dirty. You empty the container and dust/skin flakes etc rise into the air again. The insider of the container is by design permanently dirty unless you wash it. My Sebo is a million times better. All the dirt kept in a bag, it compressed down so emptying is kept to a minimum, and when you remove the paper bag, the bag can be instantly sealed so no dust gets anywhere.

1forsorrow Wed 27-May-20 11:49:05

I love mine, so much better than the Dyson I gave away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »