Talk

Advanced search

Are any transcription agencies taking on home typists at the moment?

(9 Posts)
Curdsandwhey Thu 26-Mar-20 17:40:49

Several years ago I worked through one called Take Note, but they're definitely not taking on new people at the moment.

I was hoping someone could recommend one, or at least recommend which ones are legit and not scams.

I'm particularly looking to work through an agency, not going on sites like peopleperhour etc.

I have done this work before so I'm well aware it's exhausting work for low pay, so you don't need to tell me.

ScouseQueen Thu 26-Mar-20 17:49:14

Someone I know shared this on social media the other day and said they'd worked for them and they were good. I don't have experience of them myself.
www.take1.tv/join-transcription-team/

Curdsandwhey Thu 26-Mar-20 18:42:26

Thanks, any others? I tried to sign up for the application with take1 but it's insisting you must have a Google account. It let me put in my own non-Google address but I'd still have to tell Google my date of birth before they let me sign in.

mindutopia Thu 26-Mar-20 20:12:39

I would imagine many of them may be. We use Transcript Divas and TP Transcription and both are carrying on work through lockdown. You can also promote yourself as freelance and make significantly more if you find the right channels.

Curdsandwhey Thu 26-Mar-20 23:33:50

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I must say I'm a bit sceptical of Transcript Divas - are they definitely legit?

Curdsandwhey Fri 27-Mar-20 08:30:22

Can anyone confirm if they've worked for any of these companies?

Curdsandwhey Sat 28-Mar-20 10:14:31

Can anyone else recommend any agencies who might be taking people on?

This is what I've done so far:

- Applied for Take 1 that someone mentioned above, but they haven't replied yet
- Applied for TP Transcription but they replied and said they're not taking on new typists at the moment.
- I can't bring myself to apply for Transcript Divas. There are alarm bells ringing and a few bad reviews online. I feel like there's a load of red flags

Curdsandwhey Mon 30-Mar-20 14:07:13

Anyone else?

teacake89 Mon 30-Mar-20 14:13:41

Try rev.com
I have worked for them in the past. Sometimes the audio can be bad, and it's hard work for little pay, but it has pulled me out of a hole more than once.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »