Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a bread maker? (Oven broken!)

(25 Posts)
whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 01:05:13

My oven is broken and will need someone to come install it properly (gas) so that's not going to happen any time soon.

I had the bright idea of getting a bread maker but they're sold out everywhere, Damn!!

Anyone got an idea where I might get one online? I'd really love one!

Or any other ideas on gadgets I might buy to help replace oven functions? I did look at electric mini-ovens on Amazon but lots of them seem to get hot on the outside and the ones I can afford look really flimsy, I'm not sure about them!

Thanks smile

(The hob still works fine, no need for hobs).

Selfsettling3 Thu 26-Mar-20 01:06:40

You can make bread in a slow cooker

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 01:10:45

Ooh, can you? Is it any good?

DramaAlpaca Thu 26-Mar-20 01:17:10

You can't buy a breadmaker online at the moment for love nor money. Not shipping to where I am, anyway. Believe me, I've tried everywhere. I had one in my basket in two places on Saturday, hesitated for a couple of days to discuss it with DH, then found they were sold out. Bah!

Anyway, I'd love a slow cooker recipe. I have a manual breadmaker, aka DH, but his speciality is soda bread and I'd love a nice, normal loaf.

OP, maybe a combination microwave for you, microwave and oven functions in one.

sestras Thu 26-Mar-20 01:24:16

It's lovely made in the slow cooker.

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 01:31:46

maybe a combination microwave for you, microwave and oven functions in one

Are they decent?

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 01:33:28

I have a manual breadmaker, aka DH, but his speciality is soda bread and I'd love a nice, normal loaf

I also have a manual breakmaker aka DP! Fully functional, does requests but no good without an oven sadly. Although he did make some decent flatbread on the hob the other day. But it's not the same...

DramaAlpaca Thu 26-Mar-20 02:32:32

Combi microwaves? Not sure, I don't have one, but worth checking online reviews.

I'm going to Google bread making in the slow cooker in the morning.

flossyflorenceflounces Thu 26-Mar-20 02:38:50

* maybe a combination microwave for you, microwave and oven functions in one*

This is all we've had for a year now, it's perfectly fine as an only oven.

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 26-Mar-20 02:43:34

I've just looked on the Argos website and they're saying a couple of Panasonic breadmakers are limited stock. My advice, if you're going to buy one, buy one with a timer.

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 26-Mar-20 02:43:56

And a seed dispenser.

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 02:50:55

IloveJudgeJudy none of the Argos ones are available for my area sadly. If you add one to your basket it'll ask for your postcode to see if it's available in your area.

So, I put every single one in my basket to see if any were available. And, not one will deliver to my address. One of the pricier ones is available for click and collect in something like 3 weeks.

AngusThermopyle Thu 26-Mar-20 14:51:15

Not sure how urgent or what your budget is but found a couple new & used on ebay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303523651818

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303524392855

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362720680226

horrayforharoldlloyd Thu 26-Mar-20 14:53:05

I always use a bread maker - but you can't buy strong flour here for love nor money

horrayforharoldlloyd Thu 26-Mar-20 14:53:41

I think it may be worth checking the flour situation before you buy a machine!

hellolittlebaby Thu 26-Mar-20 14:54:35

I have a Drew & Cole multi cooker which has both bake and bread settings. One of those might suit you. We use ours all the time.

SoupDragon Thu 26-Mar-20 14:55:36

Flour and yeast have been sold out for weeks where I am!

BarbaraofSeville Thu 26-Mar-20 16:07:38

Ask on Facebook etc. You've probably got at least one friend or family member with one sat in a cupboard that they don't use or hardly use and are happy to lend it to you, with your need being greater than theirs.

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 17:12:06

I ORDERED A BREAD MAKER!!!!

<Shouting with joy grin >

Thanks AngusThermopyle, I found it using ebay as a starting point. A couple of those links are Argos, and I'm not sure how much I trust they actually have them in stock seeing as their website says they have no bread makers.

These guys were advertising on ebay, but I bought it direct from their company. Due to arrive on Monday - I could have paid extra to get it Saturday.

It's not the cheapest one but it does lots of different breads, jam and cakes too.

Very happy, thanks!

www.hughes.co.uk/product/small-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/breadmakers/morphy-richards/502001

coffeeagogo Thu 26-Mar-20 17:13:23

I got my breadmaker delivered today from John Lewis can’t wait to try it out once we’ve used up the bread we have

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 17:13:31

Sorry I explained that badly! I meant, that because I followed the links above to ebay I saw the Argos links and also the Hughes ones. And went to the Hughes website to check it really was in stock and seems to be!

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 17:13:56

coffeeagogo let us know how it goes!

whatdayisitandotherquestions Thu 26-Mar-20 17:15:20

I think it may be worth checking the flour situation before you buy a machine!

Got lots of flour and yeast that was just sitting there not being used, since the oven broke.

RishiSunakFanClub Thu 26-Mar-20 18:04:48

There are several still in stock on Amazon

PutColinInTheCorner Thu 26-Mar-20 18:11:48

If anyone else wants one, this is in stock on John Lewis' website. I'm very happy with that model.

www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-sd-zb2512kxc-bread-maker-stainless-steel/p2029308

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »