Talk

Advanced search

Le Chameau Vierzon or Muck boots?

(23 Posts)
KenAdams Tue 24-Mar-20 14:34:27

Hi all,

I'm looking at some new wellies for walking and can't decide between the Chameau Veirzons or a pair of Mucks.

I know the Aigle Parcours are popular too but these are just out of my price range (I'm looking to keep them under £100).

Can anyone who has them help please?

OP’s posts: |
CoffeeHere Tue 24-Mar-20 14:37:09

Er, aren't we in lockdown? Is this really crucial atm?

KenAdams Tue 24-Mar-20 14:38:30

Who said it was crucial? I can talk about things that aren't lockdown related you know!

ProperVexed Tue 24-Mar-20 14:49:26

Hurrah. A thread about something other than Covid! I have always liked my muck boots. But my current pair have suddenly started to rip to shreds the backs of my heels. The lining appears to be stitched in such a way that it rubs my heels on both feet. This didn't happen with my last pair, and didn't happen for the first six months of this pair. In the end I gave up and bought some Aigle.......which are lovely.

Molecule Tue 24-Mar-20 14:56:51

Well hopefully one day it will be crucial again, or are we only allowed to discuss the pleasures of lockdown?

Anyway, I’d spend the next three weeks looking for heavily discounted Aigle Parcours as they are far superior to Muck or Le Chameau, and I say this as the owner of all three. Muck are comfy, but in very wet weather the top neoprene fabric gets soaked, channelling the water down to your feet. Le Chameau have an elegant cut, but I found not terribly supportive. Aigle are wonderfully supportive, have a fantastic tread and altogether brilliant.

As the owner of a rabid Patterdale I walk(ed) for miles in thoroughly inhospitable wet, muddy, mountainous areas, so reckon I am now the ultimate authority on appropriate footwear.

KenAdams Tue 24-Mar-20 19:44:36

But I'm so busy for the next 3 weeks, wherever will I find the time...

Thanks both will continue to look for Aigles and if not then will just get the Le Chameaus.

If anyone sees any good discounts please let me know!

WitchQueenofDarkness Tue 24-Mar-20 19:48:55

Muck boot fan here. I frequently walk 5 miles a day through Somerset mud with the dog and my feet are warm and dry. They have decent grip too.

I've never had wet feet even when walking in heavy wind and rain and wading through puddles and paddling in the sea!

Ihaventgottimeforthis Tue 24-Mar-20 19:53:18

Aigle Parcoure under £100 on Decathlon...

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Mar-20 19:57:25

I have the Aigle. They are brilliant. Comfy. Not like walking in wellies at all. Never leak. Never rub.
Hope you find a good deal.

MissRainbowBrite Tue 24-Mar-20 19:58:18

I'd hunt for some discounted Aigles. If you aren't too fussy on colour then Amazon have some good discounts. I got mine for £72.

puppymouse Tue 24-Mar-20 20:04:08

Not helpful on your specific style but I have Le Chameau Vierzonord - they're fab. The only problem I have is that they're neoprene lined so when I get got my legs sweat and I have to change socks and sometimes trousers when I get home. They're very comfy and warm!

hennaoj Tue 24-Mar-20 21:25:59

Chameau Veirzon are more expensive than Aigle Parcoure.

Sparrowlegs248 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:45:22

I came on to say Aigle. I've not had Le Chameau, muck boots are warm, too cumbersome for me and split at the back.

SukiPutTheEarlGreyOn Tue 24-Mar-20 21:56:33

Got the Le Chameau as a birthday present a few years ago and they’ve proved a real investment. They’ve been used most days for dog walks and are comfortable for long tramps over the countryside. I find the neoprene adds comfort and keeps feet toasty in cold weather but conversely haven’t found them them at all hot when it gets warmer.

Tonyaster Tue 24-Mar-20 21:58:21

Aigle parcours without question

Le chameus fell apart within 6 months
Muck boots cheap and uncomfortable

PaulHollywoodsSexGut Tue 24-Mar-20 22:00:35

I need this thread

It’s coronavirus free and relevant to things I’ve been mulling over re wellies

Tatiannatomasina Tue 24-Mar-20 22:01:57

Le chameau, mine are 10 years old and still going strong. Neoprene lined so warm in winter, I loved them so much I invested in a leather pair of Jamesons. They are 4 years old and still look new.

AliceLutherNeeMorgan Tue 24-Mar-20 22:06:13

I have Le Chameau Vierzonords and I love them; they’re so comfy for walking and I wear them all the time in the summer with shorts in the paddock. They don’t nip the stubble on your legs like some boots grin

KenAdams Tue 24-Mar-20 22:59:55

I've found some chams for £95 but thanks for the Aigle discounts I'll have a look.

I didn't think the chams were neoprene - the ones I've seen are jersey?

It the Aigles are a similar price though I might as well try them.

I need adjustable ones though as I seem to have quite big calves for someone who is petite!

Purpletigers Tue 24-Mar-20 23:18:41

Dunlop - the green farmer ones . Mine are about 10 years old and still going strong

KenAdams Mon 17-Aug-20 17:32:51

Boring update but I finally got round to ordering the Aigles. They just arrived and I'm shocked at how comfortable they are. Thanks for the recommendations!

MissRainbowBrite Tue 18-Aug-20 08:32:53

And it's perfect British summer weather this week to give them a good initiation test smile

KenAdams Tue 18-Aug-20 08:37:49

Haha - that's what reminded me to buy them!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in