Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only person whose bum is throbbing this morning thanks to Joe bloody Wicks?

(124 Posts)
Wheresmykey Tue 24-Mar-20 08:49:53

Or are the rest of you gym honed goddess’? Seriously though, my glutes are screaming. And I have to do it again in ten minutes. It’s going to be very painful...

aibutohavethisusername Tue 24-Mar-20 08:59:47

grin

Oakmaiden Tue 24-Mar-20 09:03:41

The title made me wonder...

justcallmepeter Tue 24-Mar-20 09:10:51

grin my legs are killing me

Just watching the kids doing today's

thedailymailisbogroll Tue 24-Mar-20 09:42:12

Doing it this morning has revealed 3 things

1. I'm stupidly unfit
2. I'm stupidly unco-ordinated
3. My kids are better at PE than I am

Ffs

Aroundtheworldin80moves Tue 24-Mar-20 10:00:25

I thought vtodays was a lot more intense.

I took comfort from the fact Army DH was sweating and out of breath too.

Wheresmykey Tue 24-Mar-20 10:09:05

Today I was really relieved that there were less squats. My thighs are not happy.

I also noticed how uncoordinated I am, the kids were making me look really bad to be honest

And my pelvic floor is not up to jacking jacks, which is not something I had even known about myself, so thanks for that Joe! hmm

tectonicplates Tue 24-Mar-20 10:25:07

It happens with many people who haven't exercised in a while. Threads about Jillian Michaels tend to say the same thing grin

Lisette1940 Tue 24-Mar-20 10:26:13

oakmaiden you filthy animal 😁

KipperTheFrog Tue 24-Mar-20 10:26:19

I am struggling to walk, my legs ache so much! DH is off today so he did the pe with DD1.

TyroSaysMeow Tue 24-Mar-20 10:28:17

I could barely manage the stairs this morning, after yesterday's squats. I'm not built for this!

Nquartz Tue 24-Mar-20 10:29:22

My thighs are a bit sore, I usually exercise weekly but it's been 2 so I felt it.

Had a work call at 9am today so couldn't do it unfortunately wink

CatFaceCats Tue 24-Mar-20 10:40:33

Thank goodness it’s not just me! My bum and thighs are feeling it today!

tiredanddangerous Tue 24-Mar-20 10:42:52

My thighs do not like squats. My pelvic floor doesn’t like star jumps either blush

LolaColaMola Tue 24-Mar-20 10:53:11

It hurts so much but I already knew I was massively unfit. Only doing it so the kids will get some exercise as they are lazy like me!

DiscontentedWoman Tue 24-Mar-20 11:02:08

Awarded myself a good star for remembering my bra this morning. I had to clutch my knockers throughout yesterday's workout. I am horrifically unfit

Wheresmykey Tue 24-Mar-20 11:02:47

So glad I’m not alone with weak glutes and pelvic floor!

Misery loves company ladies, I’ll see you all again tomorrow! wink

womaninatightspot Tue 24-Mar-20 11:03:48

My thighs were killing me all yesterday so I skipped it this morning luckily kids wildly enthusiastic.

PersonaNonGarter Tue 24-Mar-20 11:04:01

Ouch - yes.

Have not done any exercises for ages.

Loving it though. No pain no gain. grin

LilyRose88 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:11:15

My bum is okay but my hamstrings are agony! And I forgot to wear a sports bra on Monday which was rather alarming at times. I did wear one this morning as I wasn't making that mistake again. I have done some extra stretches today after his workout as my poor aged body needs a bit more relief after leaping around like a loon in my front room grin.
On the positive side I did feel much happier after doing the workout.

BubblesBuddy Tue 24-Mar-20 12:14:46

I think there is also something else to learn from this. Stupid idiots shouldn’t go out and fall off their bikes! He did. He must have gone to A and E. Lets be sensible and not injure ourselves. We need hospital staff to treat the ill people not the stupid sports freaks. Take care and stay safe!

Pippitypong Tue 24-Mar-20 12:15:46

I thought I was quite fit.(I run 3 or 4 times a week, always walk places where possible, use lifts rather than stairs etc.) Joe Wicks normal HIIT workouts in the past have punished me for days! I thought the kids ones might be easier. When I woke up this morning my glutes told me I was v much mistaken. They are just as cruel. 😂😂
Hoping for a bum like Kylie's by the time we're done!

Mitzicoco Tue 24-Mar-20 12:17:19

I can't walk down the stairs properly.shock

Bloomburger Tue 24-Mar-20 12:32:00

Hopefully everyone who is aching today (after what really wasn't that taxing for the human body) will realise that they need to start doing something to safeguard their physical fitness going forward.

GrannyWeatherwaxsBroomstick Tue 24-Mar-20 12:43:29

My thighs hurt so much, and I stupidly did it again today - tomorrow I may have to sit it out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »