Talk

Advanced search

Can I get a refund from Easyjet?

(28 Posts)
Lionsleepstonight Mon 23-Mar-20 18:35:26

Or will I need to go through my insurance? I only needed to travel for a particular date so have no need to re book for another date later in the year.

Aragog Mon 23-Mar-20 18:42:42

Same boat here,

Supposed to fly next week to Paris.
They have't cancelled - though they did change the plane to a smaller one a week or so ago.

Really annoying.

We were going for a specific reason and have no idea when or where we would want to fly to next to make a decision.

Clearly we can't fly so why are they still not cancelling?!?!

Insurance will mean losing the excess.

Even a credit note to use in 12-24 months would be better than just trying to make a choice now.

LIZS Mon 23-Mar-20 18:46:54

Ours still not cancelled for Sunday, still insisting we transfer to another booking hmm Does anyone know the situation if the flight we transfer to is also affected or ej fail? Will insurance still cover arrangements made now?

Mummyshark2018 Mon 23-Mar-20 18:49:25

Same here, due to fly on 3rd April, had already checked in weeks ago, got an email to re-check in as change of aircraft. They want me to amend but I don't know when I want to travel (to see family) so hopefully they cancel and I can get a refund.

bruffin Mon 23-Mar-20 19:00:26

There is a form buried away that you can fill in and request a refund.I did it on saturday but i suspect even that is gone now they are saying flight voucher

LIZS Tue 24-Mar-20 16:12:04

Anyone made any progress on their booking refund?

Lionsleepstonight Tue 24-Mar-20 19:37:50

No, i cant find a way to get a refund.

LIZS Thu 26-Mar-20 17:22:58

Our flight now cancelled but still no refund option angry

Washedoutlady Fri 27-Mar-20 02:00:28

Phone easy jet and press the option for I want to book a holiday they soon answer then. They took me through the steps to get a refund I was on the wrong page apparently.

Cornishmendoitdrekkly Fri 27-Mar-20 07:57:27

We are waiting too for a flight to Fuerteventura to be cancelled on the 1st April. Still no sign of a cancellation.
Do we need to have checked in to be able to cancel as I have not done that yet?
We definitely do not want to travel as my husband is NHS but our insurance has a no pandemic clause so will not pay out. Do not want to rebook as we do not know when he will be able to take leave....so would really like our £800 returned confused

Washedoutlady Fri 27-Mar-20 09:12:48

I hadn't checked in for mine. They will cancel but with me it was the day before.

LIZS Fri 27-Mar-20 20:19:12

Still trying. Phone lines only 8-5. Options online are to transfer or get a voucher.

Mossiebonbon Sat 28-Mar-20 09:05:03

EasyJet officially cancelled our flight- anyone had luck with refund process and can offer advice?

DorsetCamping Tue 31-Mar-20 15:46:59

My flight officially cancelled. FAQ has a refund question but doesn't specifically address how to get refund - just a transfer or voucher

Anyone actually successfully applied for refund?

Celeriacacaca Tue 31-Mar-20 17:20:11

Mine's not cancelled yet (due to fly 9th) but they've grounded their fleet from Gatwick so it's not going to go. I tried phoning them - two hours on hold then cut off confused. Not sure what my next step is as I'd like the money back.

Celeriacacaca Tue 31-Mar-20 17:21:57

I have found a form for "compensation" due to cancellation/delay but not sure if it's the right way to get a refund. https://www.easyjet.com/en/claim/EU261

What do you think?

LIZS Tue 31-Mar-20 17:22:03

No luck yet. Facebook page is overwhelmed with people wanting the refund button reinstated.

Celeriacacaca Tue 31-Mar-20 17:23:46

Don't think it's the right form as it says this at the bottom

By checking this box, you acknowledge that submitting this claims form will not refund your unused ticket. If you are entitled to a refund, please visit Manage Bookings.

CodenameVillanelle Tue 31-Mar-20 17:23:55

If they cancel the flight they have to refund

LIZS Tue 31-Mar-20 17:26:55

@CodenameVillanelle - agree that is their legal obligation. However they are making it so difficult, you have to ring but call centre is totally overwhelmed. Even cancelled flights have no online refund option.

Porcelainskin Tue 31-Mar-20 17:28:00

I managed to get a refund years ago. I had to contact the caa:
https://www.caa.co.uk/Home/
They helped as EJ were refusing.
Good luck!

fussychica Tue 31-Mar-20 18:08:34

I read that they and several other airlines have been reported to the appropriate body for removing the refund option button. Apparently you have to ring now and because it's totally overwhelmed it's a ploy to get you to give up and accept a voucher or move your flight on to later in the year. I have also read that you have upto a year after your cancelled flight to apply for a refund. No idea if thats true as Easyjets own site is, unsurprisingly, totally unhelpful.

DorsetCamping Tue 31-Mar-20 18:45:46

The added problem is that I booked a package through LoveHolidays. They organised the EasyJet element and are being just as evasive as EJ.

I don't want to rebook, I don't want a credit voucher I WANT A REFUND angry

LIZS Tue 31-Mar-20 18:48:27

BA are also saying a year to apply. However EJ voucher is apparently only valid for six months. hmm

flippityflobberty Tue 31-Mar-20 20:01:35

Am happy to take voucher as my parents travel regularly. How do I get the voucher?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »