Give me your man gift ideas, please

(13 Posts)
antisupermum Thu 27-Feb-20 11:52:16

The OH birthday in 2 weeks. Not a big birthday, and we have a trip planned for later in March that we are saving most of our money for. I've asked him of course and he says he doesn't need anything. Which is fine, but I would still always get him a gift for opening.

He wears expensive brand clothing and aftershave so that's out of the price range. He doesnt drink spirits so a bottle is out. Smellies/gift sets are a bit naff for a 31 year old.
Ive searched amazon etc but its all cheesy key rings saying "Drive Safe, handsome", engraved hipflasks etc.

So, ideas please for a manly gift that costs £20-£40.

OP’s posts: |
BarbaraofSeville Thu 27-Feb-20 13:27:10

DPs birthday in a couple of weeks and I've bought him a crate of the niche beer that he likes that is only available online in the UK, is often out of stock and he's usually too lazy to get round to order plus a little jokey cartoon book about cats - we're both completely obsessive cat people, so he will like it.

He's desperate for a new wallet, but that falls into the 'I want to choose it myself so it's the right size/shape etc' category for us.

We normally just buy our own tech, clothes, accessories etc and like to do our own research to get the thing with the right features and look for good prices, so don't really work as gifts.

Ricekrispie22 Thu 27-Feb-20 16:09:58

Craft beer
Gin
Hotel Chocolat Sleekster
Bbq utensils
Board game
Bacon curing kit
Curry spice kit
Food flask
Remote control car
Power bank
Coffee grinder

mnthrowaway202020 Thu 27-Feb-20 16:24:14

That’s quite a low budget

Do you think he would like The White company - Noir perfume? (£30) One of my well off MD’s has a large premium fragrance collection, he literally spends hundreds per bottle yet always raves about this little gem.

BlueChampagne Thu 27-Feb-20 16:30:30

Magazine subscription? Private Eye would suit the budget, if that's his sort of thing. Or Fortean Times?

mnthrowaway202020 Thu 27-Feb-20 16:31:14

www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/kiehls-mens-starter-kit-gift-set_372-2000636-S3326400/

This is a safe “manly giftset” option.

AdaColeman Thu 27-Feb-20 16:32:36

Guide book/history book about the destination of your trip.
Something else connected with the trip...Panama hat, leather passport cover, nice washbag etc etc.

Coffee travel cup if he would use one... get a leak proof one!

Travel journal.

Advertisement

Lyricallie Thu 27-Feb-20 16:38:38

Has he got any hobbies? My bf is very into painting models so I got him some nice paint brushes. Also a guide book to city breaks. For mine fancy coffee always goes down well. I also got him an aeropress a few years ago and that was a big hit.

antisupermum Thu 27-Feb-20 17:01:59

Some good suggestions, I like the tour guide book one. He likes to try speak the lingo so may get him an Italian language book. I will also explore the White company fragrances.

It is indeed a low budget. Its not a strict one but because of the trip and the fact that we both get each other things throughout the year as we see them and think "oooh he/she would like that", we don't go OTT for normal birthdays ie he got alot more last year for his 30th but this year is a bog standard haha

OP’s posts: |
uncomfortablydumb53 Thu 27-Feb-20 18:13:11

RFID wallet.. Protects credit cards I believe
Grid it
Utility tool... My adult sons have all loved the " sharkey"
Wireless charging dock
Ear pods

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 27-Feb-20 21:03:15

Snakehive leather phone case.
Elvis and Kresse firehose wallet.
Clarins Men facial set.

stream26 Fri 28-Feb-20 02:14:26

Depends. Car stuff like hats or car shirts. It has to be specific to what they like/own. A toyota TRD shirt would be awesome only to a guy that has a Toyota.
Gaming things like a headset, charging station for the controls, a nice mousepad if he's a pc gamer.
A premium planner, maybe. If he like music a nice set of headphones. Perhaps even amazon gift cardsmile

BlueChampagne Fri 28-Feb-20 13:38:30

Cool Joe Browns shirt?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in